E3, in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggybank

I am here today to ask about what you thought about E3 overall this year. Personlly, I thought it was pretty good this year, even though pedestrians couldn't go into it. Go ahead, share your thoughts.

cueball61 said:
Com said:
GCFreak said:
Sony and Microsoft wasted Nintendo this year.

Me, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii happen to disagree with you.

Really...?

Wiifit.
OI! Some of you may not think the same, but that Wii Balance Board, Wii Fit aside, the board creates possibilities for some awesome gameplay ideas (Snowboarding games, for starters), and is practically a perfect compliment for the Wii Remote. Besides, I wouldn't mind playing Wii Fit, myself.

Also, the IGN editiors seem to disagree with you naysayers.

Also, lol, Americas.

Snowboards have been done before, it really wouldn't be anything new at all.

To be honest, all the presentations sucked a bit this year. Nintendo's conference largely consisted of boring sales chatter and the untapped market BS that we've been hearing about for the last three years, basically one big STFU to gamers who like their games to last longer than half a day and not consist of a metric ton of minigames. The only really decent thing to come out of it was Mario Galaxy, which we already knew about anyway. Mario Kart Wii looks like nothing more than double dash with the second guy removed. Now, I hate to bring up graphics, because we all now the Wii isn't about that, but seriously Nintendo, would it have hurt to put any effort in whatsoever? I mean, it looks visually like total ass. They've recycled the same low polly models from DD (which looked hideous in their original incarnation, 3 years and one generation later and were still staring at them?). When the first footage came through I was thinking they were showing DD for comparison or somethng. We all know Nintendo can do better, Galaxy looks great, given the hardware, If only the developers and even Nintendo themselves would put that much effort in elsewhere, otherwise I can see this shortcomming being extremely crippling to the Wii in the longterm if nothing changes.
(It must be said though, the way Reggie announced such gems as "ONLINE BATTLE MODE AROUND THE WORLD" like every other game under the sun hadn't been doing it for the past decade (without friendcodes) was hilarious)

The biggest problem with E3 this year though (speaking generally here) was the lack of announcements and new titles, it seemed all three companies were focusing on their already established titles, a little dissapointing, but I guess we got some nice trailers and some new info, not all bad.

Silver360 said:
The Nintendo speech was so boring... They talked like robots.
Yea there were putting every coma after every word it was so anoying espiacly when they where talking about the new gear for Wii...

E3 in general kinda sucked this year. The Wii balance pad is nifty, and I've had a few ideas on how it could be used (OTHER than snowboarding) It'd need to be able to sense balance forward and back as well though. The numbers given at every press conference seemed to blatantly contradict each other, and the games were all FPSs. (A genre, which I frankly, am completely SICK of.)

Quite honestly, the most interesting thing I saw this E3, was Sony's weird perspective puzzle game. That looks like it'd be neat to play. However it looks like it should be a DS or PSP title, NOT a PS3 title.

MP3 and Super Mario Galaxy of course are nice titles, but WE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THEM.

People expected too much from this E3. Remember boys, they made it SMALLER. Yeah, it was crap... except for SMG and MK. Mircosoft really sucked because it was all focused on Halo 3 and Viva Pinata crap. No Banjo Three? >_>

Com said:
People expected too much from this E3. Remember boys, they made it SMALLER. Yeah, it was crap... except for SMG and MK. Mircosoft really sucked because it was all focused on Halo 3 and Viva Pinata crap. No Banjo Three? >_>
Yeah we know they mad it smaller but still could have been a little bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back