Change the Color of Color Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
I'm wondering if it's possible to change a color map's color to something different if the player presses a button or runs over a sector that triggers this. Sorry for being really unspecific for this "Help me!" thread in advance.

Tag the two colormaps to two separate Half Light Blocks, both tagged to the same target sector, then use the FOF Appear/Disappear linedef exec to toggle them when you press the button.

You'll probably only want one of them to be there at start of the level, so use a Level Load linedef executor trigger to disable one. (I forget if we have an FOF flag that does this automatically already.)

(I forget if we have an FOF flag that does this automatically already.)

Yeah, we don't have one of those ...yet.

Should be as simple as using level load + force block disappear specials on the FOF anyhow... though appear/disappear doesn't take into account whether an FOF is already not there or not, do beware.

I'm really confused on how Linedef 445 works. Do I use the X offsets to tag the Half Light Block and the Y offsets to tag the button or vice versa?

Last edited:
Assuming it works like the Shatter Block special, the X offset should be the tag of the block's control sector, and the Y offset should be the tag of its target sector (the same tag as the control linedef has, basically).

I forgot to mention that the skybox that I'm working on to create this effect is filled with water so the Half Light Block won't work. I had literally spent four hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and it was literally the water. Any other suggestions?

The first thing for me that comes to mind is having two identical(minus the colormap) FOFs that switch places instantly at the push of a button. Not sure if this can be done, though.

The first thing for me that comes to mind is having two identical(minus the colormap) FOFs that switch places instantly at the push of a button. Not sure if this can be done, though.

I did that with half light blocks but it looks jarring and awkward as hell and the speed can't be increased any faster as far as I'm aware of.
RedAlert.gif

I have an idea I want to try but I'll update on you guys if it works or not. I'm still taking suggestions on any alternatives to pull this off though.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but this had to be made. Here is the complicated setup of the color maps.

bqxdA.png

Key:
Blue - Blue Color Map
Red - Red Color Map
Green - Control Sector for the Button
Yellow Square - Force Block Disappear Control Sector
Caution Texture - The Button itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back