• Needs work...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why... can't... I... DRIVE THEM?!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

After working on a few of my other ideas, I present my experiment with indoor environments, and cars!

This map is a small town, complete with houses, two "shop-like" buildings and parked cars. The premise of this map is to use the urban terrain to your environment, firing from rooftops, spin-dashing under cars, etc.

This is a Auto/Rail map, with two spawns of each hidden throughout the map. Expect fierce competition for the scarce ring weapons in this map.

*NOTE* This map replaces MAP92 (Desolate Twilight Zone) *NOTE*

Screenshots:

View from center:

View across map:

View of center:

Cars!

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b0ujco

As usual, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

Jazz, you scare me. You are great at making levels and you also can play better than most people I know when you are in them. Its un-human.....
Good job though. :wink:

I guess, they would have to be drivable to deserve a better rating?

Hehe, but then I guess maybe having them drivable isn't such a good idea anyway.

<PLAYER> OMG!!! SONEIC GTA11!11!one! *shot*

Eh, I don't like it that much. The level design is pretty good other than competing for the special rings. The person who gets the special ring would most likely start winning.

Some people may only look at the level design but I take a look at both textures and level design. I never Imagined cars to have such an odd texture. Try using solid colored textures.

And also you could redo some of the textures in the city. The roofs and some of the floor look like snow!

I'm aware that the car's colors look somewhat strange. The problem is, when I used a texture like BLUWALL, there is no distinction of edges on the car. The Zim textures are solid enough for color, but have enough shading to give a sense of distance when looking at it.

As far as balance goes, I will test this in all netgames I host. As its tested, I can go back and change the weapon balance.

First of all, this map places too much of an emphasis on graphical details, and it lags me out in software mode. You really shouldn't waste so many FOFs on superfluous things like faucets and headlights. The layout is completely nonsensical in regards to match mode; the countless obstacles make fluid movement difficult, and the buildings are too cramped to be of use in a heated match. The object placement isn't all that bright, either.

Not too bad of an attempt, but next time, build a map with match mode in mind, not the scenery. While you're at it, don't overdo the scenery, either- all those little details like bathrooms and cars aren't necessary, and they aren't much to look at, either.

Aye, I guess a reorganization of the map will have to be in the works. I'd like to keep the details, but the houses weren't the greatest idea. I'm going to have to see how I can change those areas around, make 'em more open, etc.

However, the countless obstacles can be used effectively for cover, if used properly. I will do what I can to strike a balance between detail and fluidity.

True, true, I forgot, that was the reason why I made them like that in the first place. To make it look rectangular from the side, but smaller on the other side you could spindash under the car.

Well, sorry for jumping on your back so fast. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back