Eggman's VA's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that definitely puts 3D Realms in an odd position for someone to voice Duke Forever!

Haha, it took them so long to make Duke Forever that Duke himself died. :mrgreen:

*curled in fetal position, rocking back and forth*
It'll come out, it'll come out, it'll come out, it'll come out..................

The link should've explained everything... *sigh*

Alright, look. Jen's in charge of this comic called "Ruins of the Fourth Wall". Big Eggman fan, and also has connections with Ryan Drummond (Sonic's VA, which is a well-known factoid). Well, earlier Jen got that e-mail from Drummond explaining that Deem Bristow, the man who voiced Dr. Eggman in all English versions of Sonic video games since Adventure (that would answer your question, hotdog) died last Saturday. She puts it up on fireball20xl's front page. Everybody is sad. :(

It is NOT Duke Nukem's VA; Nukem is Jon St. John, who does the voice for Big. That was a mistake SSN made, relatively minor, and not very pertainent to this news at all.

Happy? :)

I hate to be rude, but what is it with people not actaully reading posts before they reply? =/

Or reading the topic title for that matter.

Thanks. I didn't know which incarnation of Robotnik/Eggman he voiced.

Very sad, indeed.

But he didn't do any voice acting in there.. go play Sonic Adventure and go laugh at him when he says.. actually, nevermind.. there's actually no where in the game I can make fun of Eggman.. he was the only character in the game to have a good voice actor O_o.

Shuffle said:
he was the only character in the game to have a good voice actor O_o.
I disagree; largely, I think Drummond does an excellent job at doing Sonic. Note that I said largely, since he's not perfect ("You're gonna crash! Ah!"), but he's certainly better than some of the other ones.

Well, this sucks. No more "Get a load of this!" Or "I'll show you what real evil is!" :?

I'm real sad to hear this.... He voiced Eggman so well, too.

Does this mean that the Eggman voice clips recorded before his death will be put into Sonic DS, meaning a shortage of voices if he wasn't done yet? Or will they remove ALL of his clips and replace them with a new VA's work?

I hope they leave his in, personally. A great voice, and a great man. I played through Sonic Adventure twice and Sonic Heroes once yesterday in his honor. :cry:

Err...guys...

I may be completely wrong, but I thought Steve Broadie was Eggman's VA and he died About a month after SA2 was released.

No, that was Gamma's VA (and the Prez's, like SSN said), which was mistakenly identified as Eggman's until confirmation it was Gamma's got out.

I think Ryan Drummond knows what he's talking about.

Gamma's VA is gone too? that sucks. I never heard about that, only Deem Bristow. I'm sad now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back