Different Music For Each Character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a "mod" with some characters in it.
I want different music to play for each Character (1-Up, Super Sneakers and so...) But i can't figure out how to do it. I tried to do the same as with character sounds (In lump "S_SKIN": O_XLIFE = O_SLIFE)
But it didn't work... (i guess i could have figured that myself without trying...)
Does anyone know how to make it so different music plays for each character?

SOCced music is universal. Individual music per character is, indeed, impossible without a hack.

I thought you were gonna say "Individual level musics for each character" which is indeed possible in two ways as far as I can think right now, but only for the original 3 characters as far as I know.

You probably have to code it into a exe...

Might be a problem, since i have no idea how to code an exe file...

SOCced music is universal. Individual music per character is, indeed, impossible without a hack.

What do you mean by hack?

I thought you were gonna say "Individual level musics for each character" which is indeed possible in two ways as far as I can think right now, but only for the original 3 characters as far as I know.

Then how would i do that then?

By hack, I mean EXE modification.

And IB is referring to the linedef executor which will change music, used along with the ‘No Sonic/Tails/Knux’ attribute combinations. Put that at the beginning of the level, and the music will last through the whole level, barring the Tunes console command and other linedefs later in the level that may do the same.

The problem with that, of course, is that if the character is killed, the music will revert. That can be cancelled, though, by putting repetitions of that linedef execution event at each checkpoint.

Another issue with that method is that it won't apply to super sneakers, 1ups, etc. It'll only work for the level background music. But, hey, it's a start.

Isn't that gonna sound like crap if the other lvl music gonna play when you move but not when the level starts? The only way i can think of fixing that though is by having an empty music lump (an .OGG file with no sound in it) as the default lvl music then... But what is the other way then I'll Begin?

There is a way around it but it would require your base levels x how many characters there are, so it'd be huge in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back