Discrimination On The Master Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armonte

montobot / Armontina
I was playing a game earlier and I seen someone ban another user because of their religion. I don't think this is allowed on the ms. Should it be another rule added?

Yes, it's against the rules, it's not directly against the rules, but it comes under one of them.

I have to say that while that's wrong to do, the simple solution is just to not go around shouting "HAY I'M <insert>".

Dude

Dude, I am Knuckles. I only banned you because people on my server would leave if we kept argueing, and we WOULDN'T stop argueing even if I said sorry. So stop going mad over this!

Re: Dude

Mega_Hyper_Shadow said:
Dude, I am Knuckles!

And I'm Hyper Knuckles *shot*

Seriously, some people take things way too serious sometimes, or even get it the wrong way. Even if 1 person says damn, or something related, it ends up in a massive outburst, like I was in a server once, I only said damn once and I had outbursts saying "OMG you said a curse word, we are christians, and never swear here!1!" it wasn't a curse word as some idiots think it is. Just ignore it,and don't try arguing as it gets a lot worse. if it was something religious, where they live, or something related with those kind of things. Then yes, that's different, and counts as discrimination.

This is not to start an arguement, or a negative debate. this is what I've seen in the past.

The Dark Fox said:
Um, why talk about religion in a server? It's quite obvious something will happen.
Most likely flame, ban, report, more flame, another report, ban from MS *shot* But seriously, Dark Fox is right. Keep a netgame what it is, A netgame.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
The Dark Fox said:
Um, why talk about religion in a server? It's quite obvious something will happen.
Most likely flame, ban, report, more flame, another report, ban from MS *shot* But seriously, Dark Fox is right. Keep a netgame what it is, A netgame.

Dude, lets face it. People take this crud waaaaaay to seriously. I agree, but I don't think that as long as younger kids or srb2 n00bs are on here, netgames wont just be netgames. Wait... Did I make sense? I'm not sure.

The Dark Fox said:

No, it's when something happens half the time, they seem to use religion as some sort of excuse for them to be innocent, and others not, or what I've seen twice is use their religion as an excuse to be angry of a simple word they don't like using when they've used before countless times like my post above.

Okay, heres how I see it...

a person was baned or kicked or whatever
cuz he or she kept arguing with the host about religion or something

and now the person is mad that he or she wuz baned cuz of religion

all i have to say is that...

the person should be mad at his or her self cuz they kept arguing in the first place

am i right?

Not really, there's been alot of discrimination on the master server and sometimes its not always to do with religion.

sonic260 said:
And its also about race to. Does the name "Juan" ring any bells?

yes, he's ALL over srb2...
and people hate him for some reason...

Alrighty, guys, there is a majorly important issue here that I think you're all forgetting.

It is impossible to discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other similar thing on the internet unless you specifically say you are part of that race, religion, etc. My question is, how in hell did the server even KNOW you were a part of a specific religion, and then why did he kick you?

The reason is that I have seen, time and time again, people go through the following chain of faulty logic:

1. Person mentions he's part of a specific minority.
2. Person proceeds to be a complete asshole.
3. Person gets kicked from the server because he's being highly annoying.
4. Person complains that the server just hates him because he's racist.

That is just completely faulty logic, and honestly very, very absurd when you really think about it. I'm reminded of the classic GKWX2 "You just hate me cuz I'm black" retort which is so incredibly funny because I didn't even know his race at the time. I'm also reminded of the old SFGHQ troll, Wetflame, who used that 4-step chain of bad logic so many times as to get banned from SFGHQ for it.

I see no reason why you should even SAY your religion on an SRB2 netgame, and since it's impossible to tell after the fact whether this is my 4 step chain of faulty logic or actual discrimination, I'd say you need to lighten up and remember that this is just a game on the internet. If you don't talk about things people could discriminate about, there's no way that could possibly happen.

Now, if a server is asking, on join, what religion you are and kicking anyone of a religion he doesn't like, THAT is discrimination. However, just being banned while being publicly part of a specific religion is most likely not, and probably just you being kicked for another reason.

The thing is though how I've seen it from others is they want to use it as a general weapon for an arguement. Some people which play with you *may* even know you in real life, and may say it. However, this is pretty uncommon unless like I said, they know you, and say it.

People being general assholes, and being annoying for the sake of it is nothing since most of us see it everyday, and most of us don't care about it. But it's the fact that some people need to watch what they say on here, it doesn't matter if you know, or don't know if they are that particular person who is in a type of religion, their colour, or what they are in. You may think it's ok to say it online with others around you who *could* be in the same class as you, but you don't know about others who can be a bit diffrent to you, which some things can easily offend them if not thought about carefully before using certain words, or have different views to you which can depend on a important subject like life for example, and can sometimes bring on debates good or bad, and others that's what all I'm saying about this.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but this is what I think about it, this is my opinion.

Speedylizzard14 said:
sonic260 said:
And its also about race to. Does the name "Juan" ring any bells?

yes, he's ALL over srb2...
and people hate him for some reason...

He goes to a server, try to get the host to ban people he doesn't like, then gets the server to break the MS rules. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back