New gametypes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim the Fox!!!

What am I doing here?
I think there could be new gametypes on SRB2. Some like 4CTF, that would have Tails's and Eggman's team, yellow and green, respectively. Chaos would (must) come back, those are cool ideas. Then there would be score attack and ring attack. Those are my ideas. Please think about them.

I heard of the 4 way ctf somewhere before and I never tried the chaos mode. Sounds cool but how could 4 way ctf work?

I think there could be new gametypes on SRB2.
I think the dev team has better things to do than new gametypes, like finishing the actual game.

Some like 4CTF, that would have Tails's and Eggman's team, yellow and green, respectively.
It's hard to get enough people together for regular CTF already. 4-way CTF would need around 12 to 16 people at least to work.

Chaos would (must) come back, those are cool ideas.
Hasn't Mystic explained often enough why Chaos sucks already?

Then there would be score attack and ring attack.
Those will be in XSRB2.

4 way CTF would NEVER work. The teams would team up againsed the other teams. No equal balence of power But with 2.

For a new gametype I think the juggernaut from HALO is a good idea (sadly I don't own an X-box or I would be playing it instead of doing this). One person Is super And starts with 50 rings. (chosen randomly or the winner of the last game) The people work to destroy and kill the juggernaut or get him/her out of super form. Who ever does this will get a +50 ring bonus and become super and the new juggernaut. The game is won by points. Hits (50pts or 100pts for a kill) and becoming the juggernaut Should give you 250 or 500 points (I would do 500 because you cant get points hitting a super). There should also be and option to have the people that arn't the juggernaut be on a team so they cant hit each other or to have them not on a team and able to get hit points from each other. If the second option is so, the players will still probably try to get the juggernaugt first.

Last edited:
Duh *hitting the forehead* I dont wan't to run XSRB2 only for playing score and ring attack. I dont want explanations about Chaos. There are people who like it, there are people who doesn't. And it would'nt be bad if they make NEW GAMETYPES. And then, hard or not, people would like to join the teams of the characters they like. Strike 1, 2, 3, out. Zinos's idea is pretty cool too.

SpiritCrusher already explained everything perfectly, but there's another reason why 4-way CTF would be rather difficult to implement: STJr would need to make even more maps to make it work correctly. You can't just add two more bases to the existing maps.

Also, why didn't you use the suggestions topic?

Duh *hitting the forehead* I dont wan't to run XSRB2 only for playing score and ring attack.
Running XSRB2 takes just as much effort as running normal SRB2, you just have to click on a different EXE. I don't see the problem.

I dont want explanations about Chaos. There are people who like it, there are people who doesn't.
Okay, then go ahead and ignore the reasoning Mystic gave, but then also don't expect Chaos to ever return. "Some people like it" is not a good argument.

And it would'nt be bad if they make NEW GAMETYPES.
I never said it would be bad. They just have more important things to do.

And then, hard or not, people would like to join the teams of the characters they like.
Uh, people seriously join the red or blue team because they like Sonic or Knuckles better? Seriously?

Oh also skull-tag would be good. Played on CTF maps there are 2 teams (obviously) and when you kill someone a "skull" falls out (should be red or blue and I'll explain later why). The point of the game is to get as many of the OTHER teams skulls back to your base where the flag usually is. You will get points for each one. If you pick up a red skull and you're red then it will just disapear(no points). This makes sure no one of the other team can get it. You can hold lots of skulls then go and cash em' in or get one at a time and cash em. Getting lots is risky and can make you a target but is more rewarding. BUT if you are hit you will lose all of them. (skulls will drop and bounce just like an emerald, and will also dissapear at the same time)There will be a SKULL sign above you when you are carrying a skull (similar to the GOT FLAG sign in CTF). A number will also be great but I dont know if that's possible with srb2. (Note: you can never get points for the skull you start with because its your skull! also there is no sign above you unless you are carrying someone elses skull/s) REMEMBER: if you are hit you drop your skulls!!!

A free for all version on match maps would be fun too. there would be a skull number limit to end the game or a time limit. Either get...for example 10 skulls and you win or for the time limit its the person with the most at the end of the game. pressing TAB should show you next to the name of the person, how many skulls that player has. Again, having lots will, make you a major target so some players will want to lie low until near the end. In free for all the skulls need no team colors.....so maybe grey?

To be honest.....this sorta reminds me of the gametype shards in MYSTIC's mod.....except more complicated. =)

Last edited:
*oh my head* Oh, these are only suggestions. Don't throw them on my face AGAIN.
Sorry, but this is a message board. If you don't want people to discuss your ideas, don't post them. It's not like I'm trying to shoot your suggestions down to annoy you, I'm just stating my opinion.

I wanted people to discuss my ideas, but it's fine. I just want they hear me and post another ideas to flow out of mine. It's OK.

Oooooohhhh anouther one!
Battle co-op! You have ringslinger and start with 50 rings. But the real diference is that ALL enemies can SHOOT at you! But you have ringslinger and can shoot at them. they will probably MOSTLY shoot the pellets that the flying brown things shoot (sorry it has a name but I really don't know what it is....a jetty syn....smothing). they shoot every 3 seconds or so (so Its not overpowered) Some rare enemies should shoot exploding larger pelets, but not as often.
It would be fun!
How to do it.....maybe there is a built in soc that modifies the enemies and is only activated when in this game type. when not there is another reset soc.

Tip: just keep moving. the enemies aren't smart they'll just shoot to when the closest person was last at.

Skull-Tag would be too violent for the younger users, Zinos. But you could tweak the idea and make it Ring-Tag, instead. Where whoever steals the most rings from other players wins, just like your idea, but with Rings instead of skulls.

Take any game mode from any multiplayer shooting game and add it to srb2. That's how it could work. Heck, maybe even non-shooting games, like Crash Nitro Cart's Steal the Bacon.

Well with the crappy pallet and resolution in srb2 the skulls would be nothing more than grey blobs. But the ring thing is good. Maybe a large team colored ring. There was a v1.9.4 mod that had a game type called RINGS I don't remember what the mod was called. It was similar in objective. get as many rings from the map and from enemies to your base and let them drain to get points. It was a fun game.

New Gametypes? I am so glad this topic came up, because this is my main interest when I work on my wads. Here are two gametypes I am actually working on:

4-Way-CTF: This is what it says, 4 CTF teams. The colors red, blue, green, yellow.

Hop-Scotch: Each player stands on a platform, for which he quickly gains points. (Like king of the hill.) He tries at the same time to shoot other players off of their platforms, so they don't gain points. Each player is his own team, and his platform is colored the same as his team color.

I would actually be glad if some players could contribute to the idea of Hop-Scotch!

We already said CTF only works with two teams.
And Hop Scotch sounds stupid and wouldn't work because I have not seen one other game with that type of game mode.
If anything, I think soccable game modes, like they have in Counter Strike, like the Gungame and stuff.

4 way CTF would NEVER work. The teams would team up againsed the other teams. No equal balence of power But with 2.
Actually, I think that's a good thing. Imagine how complicated and action-packed a CTF game would be if a team had to choose to work with another team, or just go free-for-all. It would also create interesting tension within teams, as certain players might go against the team's wishes and form alliances.

But it still wouldn't work for other reasons. Mostly because of the aforementioned lack of necessary players, and also the difficulty in creating four-way balanced maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back