"File is corrupt or has been modified" after using SLADE to create mod

Solid SOAP

Hey guys,

So I'm pretty new to the modding scene here, and I have run into an issue. After creating a PK3 file using SLADE, the game is not running at all. I get the following message:

SRB2-Error.png

Any idea what I can do to fix this? I mean... worst case I'll deal and just probably just reinstall it or something, but I'd like to see if I can fix this issue. I have a lot of emblems, after all!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reinstalling the game won't get rid of your progress.
The game's emblem data and such is stored in gamedata.dat while saves themselves are stored in files whose extension are .sav.
The game does not come with either, so your progress is safe.

Consider making a separate archive instead of modifying any of the base files, as that will cause SRB2 to stop recognizing it proper. If you did not modify any of them, then just avoid having any base file open when you hit the save button. (Set them as read-only if neccesary, just remember to restore it back when you're going to patch the game again)

Reinstalling the game won't get rid of your progress.
The game's emblem data and such is stored in gamedata.dat while saves themselves are stored in files whose extension are .sav.
The game does not come with either, so your progress is safe.

Consider making a separate archive instead of modifying any of the base files, as that will cause SRB2 to stop recognizing it proper. If you did not modify any of them, then just avoid having any base file open when you hit the save button. (Set them as read-only if neccesary, just remember to restore it back when you're going to patch the game again)

Cool! This is a big help. Thank you.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back