One question about objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeventhSentinel

In charge of way less than you might think
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
If I wanted to make a scenery object (like a bush) using freeslots for everything except the spawnstate (which in this case would be S_NULL?), what would the code look like? The wiki doesn't do a very good job explaining things; it seems overcomplicated, and I just don't understand any of it. Also, attempting to do anything with SOCEdit results in a runtime error, so that's also why I'm here. I just need this information so I can create the palm trees from Emerald Hill Zone as a Thing in SRB2.
Please and thank you.

Last edited:
Also, attempting to do anything with SOCEdit results in a runtime error, so that's also why I'm here.
You need to point SOCEdit to SRB2's source code. If you don't have the source yet, there should be a file called "SRB2Src.exe" in your SRB2 folder that lets you extract it.

Trying that now.
EDIT: Thank you. I'll come back if I still don't know what I'm doing.
EDIT2: I don't know what I'm doing.
Code:
Thing 381
MAPTHINGNUM = 2000
SPAWNSTATE = 2303
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SPEED = 0
RADIUS = 1048576
HEIGHT = 2097152
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 0
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 33558528

FRAME 2303
SPRITENUMBER = 306
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = -1
NEXT = 2303
ACTION None
When I place Thing #2000 on my map, I get "Warning: Mobj of type 381 with invalid sprite frame (0/0) of F064 detected and removed." What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Well, do you *have* sprites for F064A1 to F064A5 or whatever?

...Or rather, what sprites were you intending to use for that state?

Oh. My sprite lump was just called SPR_F064. Should I name it something else?

Well you get rid of the 'SPR' part, it should look like this: e.g.
Code:
F064
If it is just one frame (meaning that there are no other sides to the image) then just do 1 sprite with the the symbols 'A0' added on to the end. (i.e.
Code:
F064A0
)
However if you are doing multiple frames (like how you can see the different sides of the srb2 character) then you must type the name as "F064A*" (*=this mark represents what number your going to use, don't actually type this *.)
Examples:
Code:
F064A1
F064A2A8
F064A3A7
F064A4A6
F064A5
I learned this myself by looking at the custom character wads sections on wiki, it tells you the different frames for a character wad yet this teaching can also be applied to other techniques.

Last edited:
I'll see if that works. Something tells me it will.
EDIT: Nope. Renamed it F064A0 and it gives me the same error.

Last edited:
Thanks to TSDude, I now know what I'm doing. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back