SRB2 Crash When Loading Custom Character WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumia1

Backseat Developer
I finally finished compiling my character WAD, I loaded the game up with the WAD in the launcher, and clicked "Run!" and the game crashed, I tried the same thing by just loading the game normally and the game still crashed. I checked through the wad to see if I had made a mistake anywhere that could be causing the crash, however I still could not get it to work. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?

Was there any sort of error message that appeared when SRB2 crashed? There might be a large variety of reasons why it couldn't be working, and if there was an error message that could help pinpoint what exactly went wrong.

Also using the Character WAD Tutorial for help may not be a bad idea either.

The only error messege that came up was a window that popped up, saying "SRB2.exe has stopped working", also I kept the character WAD tutorial open the entire time, I even double checked it to see what I was doing wrong before I posted here.

Edit: I'm using SLADE3, and bitmap images (24bit), if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
Did you convert the bitmaps to Doom Format? If the files are not in Doom Format and are still bitmaps in your wad, things can go awry pretty easily. You can do so by right clicking on an image and finding "Convert to Doom Format" in the list that shows.

Just by skimming, I don't think the tutorial tells you directly how to convert files to that format so that might be what's wrong. If they are already converted, I'm not sure what else could be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back