Ever composed music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to use FLstudio all the time. Unfortunately I lost the CD and have since reformatted my harddrive.

Oh well.

I have a band called Way With Words. Our vocalist writes the lyrics, but I do all the composing for instrumentation.

www.myspace.com/waywithwordsband

I used to make songs on my electric keyboard years ago, and I had software/hardware to record it onto the computer. It worked, but later on I found out how to make MIDIs.... It's so much easier and faster for me, personally, and especially with a Yamaha softsynth I downloaded, the songs I make now sound a lot better than back then.

Anyway, I'm glad you like it.

Heh, bluewarrior, I've listened to a few of your compositions, they are all amazing. You have a wonderful talent ^^. Truly, your compositions are splendid.
--------------------

Here's my first composition ^^, played by myself on piano ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6bVDkBrcvQ

You can find the sheet music in the video description if you want it ^^

Ultimate said:
Heh, bluewarrior, I've listened to a few of your compositions, they are all amazing. You have a wonderful talent ^^. Truly, your compositions are splendid.

Thanks a lot! I feel I've been composing a little less recently, but I always try to make sure every composition I complete is a quality one. I guess I'm especially proud of this one, myself, because it captures the feeling of the character Blue Warrior that I've been trying so hard to finalize in my head in recent months.... It definitely turned out how I wanted it to.

As I've said on your Youtube video, your composition is very impressive. Great tune. :)

EDIT: I guess I may as well also note that I made a few modifications to my song. Nothing fancy; the most notable difference is that there's a violin at the beginning instead of a saw wave.

Jazzeh. Nice use of samples, nice piano playing. It sounds like there's radio static in the background... it seemed detrimental to the song at first, but I think rather it gives the song a little more "old" flavor.

Nice work. Saved.

I've noticed alot of the ones here are actually just remixes.

Anyway, I've put together an album recently called the E factor, It's made up of three songs I wrote and six that I didn't.
Now, I'm working on a completely custom-made album, which is currently going to be called Remains. (Don't tell my family, though)

I'm digging the Deadly Dunes song more than the other, but they're both pretty sweet, imo.

The ocean one is just, more minimal. Then again, I'm a noisefreak when it comes to MIDIs so it might be personal preference talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back