The strangest thing that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSonicStar*

イㄖㄛㄋㄙㄊ&#
This just happened 30 minutes ago. If the people looking at this were from my server, Im sorry. And I dont have a log because it cut -off to fast.

This is short because I dont have time for it.

I was playing ctf with Saru,Ice, and Dark Angel and others. IM tb saying that when I caught the flag, (all of a sudden!). Saru was banned, I didnt do anything to her.

Ice: Why'd you bann her?

My computer was flashing at the screen, then it cut off srb2, and clikced out of my net-launcher. And it just cut off and rebooted up again.Thats so weird, thats why Im concluding that srb2 might be a virus.

But the guy was on the loose again! It was () when he joined everything messed up! What the heck is happening?

A hacker that shut down your comuter? That's odd. SRB2 isn't a virus though, otherwise no one would play it.

Jacy said:
A hacker that shut down your comuter? That's odd. SRB2 isn't a virus though, otherwise no one would play it.

But what happened, could it be a hacker, when he joined everything was messed up.

I really am getting sick of all these hacker threads.

Everyone already knows, stop telling us.

yo this sorta happened to me JUST now

i wuz playing a normal CTF game with about 12 people

then someone joined,
started controlling my char all of a sudden

i wuz like huh!!

so then i tried to change my char and stuff and i saw that my name wuz changed...

then i wuz kicked for consistency reasons and my server shut down

I thought someone joined and hacked my game,
but i could be wrong..

Cue said:

Not everyone. This type of thread provides some extra security for those unaware.

Cue said:

Fine then something new, how do they manage to hack the server, do they make there own srb2 out of the source code or what :S

Silent_Snipe said:
Cue said:

Fine then something new, how do they manage to hack the server, do they make there own srb2 out of the source code or what :S
That wouldn't work. At the begining of the game, it sends data packets to the host, and if they don't match, the user gets kicked. I suppose that the hacker could find a way to surpass this.

Sky Ninja said:
Silent_Snipe said:
Cue said:

That wouldn't work. At the begining of the game, it sends data packets to the host, and if they don't match, the user gets kicked. I suppose that the hacker could find a way to surpass this.
Or probably rewrite some stuff so it auto makes him verified when he joins a server

You either have other viruses or faulty hardware, OP. Either way, your computer is suckage, and it's not SRB2's fault.

FYI, SRB2 can't shut down your PC, it probably did it on its own accord, like if it gets too hot, or you have hardware issues.

Hardware heating up? I doubt it because srb2 doesn't tax a modern graphics card enough. I doubt somebodies graphics card is going to reach 120c(which is typically the shutting down point) playing srb2. CPU wise, probably not they will shut off at about 90c but again rare chance.

He could just be shutting you're computer off remotely. Does it shut off instantly or does the windows shutting down screen come up?

If you have a faulty CPU heatsink or a lack of thermal paste, SRB2 could quite easily burn out your CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back