Can you post a mod elsewhere like Discord?

FishandChips

When was the last time I logged in?
I am apart of a Discord that has a channel to Post SRB2 mods. But is that against any rules?

It depends, if its an ilegal port that the creator did not give permission or have knowledge about it them yes. If it's a mod that you created or a mod that was ported or has something that the creator of it made and that he gave permission them it's not illegal. You can post it anywhere but i would recommend posting here since this is where the Official SRB2 Modding Community "lives" and is also where the mods are legal and enjoyed by almost everyone :) (Just a reminder that this is a opinion i have, it could have another site with the content like the SRB2 SkyBase which i believe it's official)

what rafael said, as well as the fact that you should not submit a mod there if it was already rejected on the message board.

So all the people posting on Discord are probably just reposting mods they downloaded from here.

So all the people posting on Discord are probably just reposting mods they downloaded from here.

Yes, it could probably be their mods but the Internet's a mystery soo who knows? (If they're sharing a link to the MB them it could be that the person liked the mod and wants to share it or that the person created and wants to do the same)

If you have a mod you want to share outside of this forum or the official Discord server, you're welcome to do so, it's not really within the scope of our rules here to tell you what to do in other communities. Just use some common courtesy and avoid posting something you know is plagarized or something the creator wouldn't want shared if you suspect that is the case.

If you're talking about posting mods downloaded from the Releases section in this Discord server, a good practice is just to link to the release thread so credit is clearly is given to the original creator and anybody who finds the file knows what the source is. (This is a good idea that extends to most things mind you! Including artwork, videos, etc. Linking to the source instead of uploading directly helps people know who made something and that means quite a lot!)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back