• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

The problem with your current run sprites is that Amy's hands don't match how the hammer is being "held". You should adjust either the hands or the hammer, if not both.

srb20036.gif

Thank you RedEnchilada for the generator script!

I don't know what to say about this, I just remade FRZ1...

140423020725908914.gif

I won't show anything else, even if my level is finished...

[image]
Thank you RedEnchilada for the generator script!
Dang, that generator looks way cooler (and easier to stay on) than the ones in my level. Though... I was kinda hoping the generators were gonna power a bit more global lighting, so that it wasn't always so pitch-black and impossible to see things.

You did get the revised script I sent you with more granular triggers, right?

I present you the first flying crawla in the universe, even after being kicked, it is still alive, hopefully or sadly, depending what's your nature X)

331124srb20014.gif

This isn't even Lua, I just did a miscodage in my SOC and tested it... X)

srb20339.png

Suddenly, LASERS! (yes I just edited the states of the Rapid Fire Turret, so sue me)

srb20339.png

Suddenly, LASERS! (yes I just edited the states of the Rapid Fire Turret, so sue me)

Why does this remind me so much of Lost Colony in SA2?

On another note, I still cannot seem to find why my level crashed SRB2, so if anyone can help, here is the wad in question. If you can, could you see if you can find the game-breaking bug in the wad so I may fix it, test it, and find out how to do FOF's and water areas/death pits to finish the map? (Seriously, I'm at a loss for words on how to fix this)

Last edited:
I fixed it, and some other things.

The issue was you had the map saved as "O_MAPCCM" and no "MAPCC", "O_MAPCC" is for the music, not the map itself. I also fixed some broken sectors you had, since I noticed them at first.

The O_MAPCCM was because I did want custom music, so may I ask, what was meant to be called MAPCC? Also, what did you mean by broken sectors? (Just asking for future reference)

Edit: Just tried to test what you had, it ended up crashing my game....

I'm at a loss for words right now, this map just seems to hate my game.

Also, looking back at your post, to me it seems you mistook my music file in the wad for the map. However, that actually was a music file, extract O_MAPCCM as an .mp3 and you will have my genesis mix of the Bomberman 64 Multiplayer theme, so that *may* be an issue, but I've been wrong so many times with this map...

Last edited:
...I just loaded my wad up in SRB2DB and ran the file, and it played just fine, I have no clue what you are talking about it not working.

Further inspection lead me to notice you had the Map's name as just a marker, I am guessing you thought the marker was used for the map's name and then replaced the real map file with your song and named it O_MAPCCM. I removed the marker from the wad, try this now, it should work, since it ran when I tested it.

...I just loaded my wad up in SRB2DB and ran the file, and it played just fine, I have no clue what you are talking about it not working.

Further inspection lead me to notice you had the Map's name as just a marker, I am guessing you thought the marker was used for the map's name and then replaced the real map file with your song and named it O_MAPCCM. I removed the marker from the wad, try this now, it should work, since it ran when I tested it.

Actually, right before you posted this I renamed the song file correctly and moved it above the marker, and it worked. Maybe it was just the marker causing problems, I do not really know. Either way, now I just need to add in water, death pits, some more platforms, and FOF, change the sky, and place some actual ring locations, as I initially thought the loops of rings were the circles of rings on the ground you see often in the vanilla maps.... Also, once the map is actually complete, it will receive and ring placement that actually makes some sense.

EDIT: Alright, the level is working, the death pit is added, now then, can anyone give me a simple answer on how to created FOF's, as I need on for the top layer, some to finish the stairs to the top layer, and one to put water around the bottom layers.
Other than that, all this map need is some sensible object placement and a sky change, the latter of which is simple enough.

Last edited:
srb20156.gif

Alright guys, sit down, it's time for a story.

This is what my Boolet mod was going to be at the start; an isometric shooter. It switched to a first person affair after I realized that yes, I could totally put sprites directly onto the HUD and it would work! I could make it feel more like a projectile-based DooM! However, the updates and all the progress I made had to stop. I added to much code, the game couldn't handle it, C overflow ensues, and the game freezes on load. And with it, the project came to a screeching halt.

I then moved onto other projects, like the Mario thing and some other project I may continue later, but I just couldn't let go of Boolet, the project I invested the most effort into. However, after messing with stuff, I realised that yes, I could still totally do that isometric shooter thing after all! And now here we are.

I may end up simplifying things more like how damage behavior was simplified to the normal SRB2 knockback and 5 health. I'll also DEFINETLY have to mess with the Totally-Not-Top-Down's-Own Camera, possibly making it follow the cursor instead of the player, and then maybe making the cursor extend out more. I also plan to make projectiles bigger and more noticeable. The player's speed is also gonna need a crank down to make it controllable. Still, I'm getting somewhere again!

Hey guys, please stop quoting the images people use. If you must reference a previous image, please strip the img tags from the quote. It's making this topic harder and harder to read. I don't want to start handing out warnings/infractions but if this keeps up, I'm going to have to. We've been getting tons of complaints about this in IRC and it really does need to stop.

Thanks.

If I may ask, d00d, why do you insist on using SonicRE's sprites for everything? Person preference or something? It just seems like an odd choice.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back