No analog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
I just got this brand new wired XBOX360 controller to play Srb2 on, works great by the way but I cant help to ask, why is the option analog control doesnt have an effect in Netplay.

PS. This is probly the wrong place to put this.

EDIT: Should it be implied into Netgames too?

Last edited:
It's not possible to make it work in netplay.
Geeze, you think people would search up and find that questions like these have been answered for years.

Netcode issues.
Will not be fixed.
Use normal controls anyway, they're more precise. (as in, mouse and keyboard WASD type)

Not that playing FPS-style with dual analog is bad.

SRB2's full analog control is terrible and the vanilla stages aren't designed around it so it's not really that great anyway.

I must vehemently disagree that analog control is terrible, good sir. I use it all the time, and much prefer it. It's all a matter of adjusting to the fact that you are manually controlling the camera as well as the player. I keep the third and fourth finger of my left hand against the O and P keys, and constantly tinker with it to follow the player as needed.

I see no reason to adjust to that when you can just turn on chasecam so that you know which direction your character is facing. Trying to thok with analog control enabled has to be one of the worst experiences I had playing SRB2. Neither do I see any benefit in being able to control the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back