Gameplay Strategies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can Chaos Knux,hes awesome with Knux.(Lol get it,NVM)

Match - Mouselook,and looking up and down is very good
Race:Sonic,thok/spin
Coop - Someone be tails,someone be Sonic.
Tails can easily lift Sonic to harder places

I'm flattered, Vash - sadly, I hardly play anymore.

To be honest, I only use Knuckles because Sonic's thok is too hard to control without the use of a mouse - that, and the ability to glide+climb is well worth it. =P

For those who still think I'd benefit from WASD+mouse: I've been playing the way I play now for three years, and given where I've gotten, I see no reason to change now.

Spazzo said:
I'm flattered, Vash - sadly, I hardly play anymore.

To be honest, I only use Knuckles because Sonic's thok is too hard to control without the use of a mouse - that, and the ability to glide+climb is well worth it. =P

For those who still think I'd benefit from WASD+mouse: I've been playing the way I play now for three years, and given where I've gotten, I see no reason to change now.
I always enjoy shooting off knucklues when he is climbing with a rail ring. =/

I play single player. However, this topic is oriented towards multiplayer, so y'all get nothin' from me.

Also, I use mouselook for two things: air control and turning. Nothing else.

Co-op: Ask for help if needed, if not, just blast on ahead.

Race: THOKTHOKTHOKTHOKTHOKTHOKTHOKTHOK. But use Mouselook for quick turning, though. It can be important. Never use the defaults either.

Tag:
When it: Use Tails, and grab as many explosion, grenade and bounce rings as possible (and rail if you're an awesome sniper). Alternatively, you can use Sonic for catching the opponent, as they can move. Catch one, and they'll start catching others, as tagging others will act like a plauge: the ones you tagged will tag others, who will tag some more, and so on.
When not it: Hide, and if found, get out of there, switch to Sonic when you can, and THOKTHOKTHOKTHOK!!! If you're in a tight spot and you've got at least one ring, thok for any damaging elements: Lasers, spikes, slime, lava... anything that damages you. As soon as you get damaged, thok away, grab a ring or more, and repeat if necessary.

HnS:
Seeker: Think. Where could a Knuckles or a Tails hide? Head for those places. Also check any silly places: Take your time, stop often, check on stupid places. Also, you can tab to get a hint about where they're hiding, that is, if they use camouflage.
Hider: Get to hard-to-find or hard-to-get places. Try to blend in with the walls as much as possible using colors, but NOT THE FLOOR. If you know the location of an elemental shield, get to it as fast as you can and go hide (avoiding any hazards that can hurt said shield) in a convenient place. There's also anti-camouflage: going in a place where your color's convenient somewhere else. This will trick taggers into thinking you're somewhere else. Avoid hiding in groups too, you'll only get hit harder.
Avoid shields if you're not hiding in a good place: they're totally visible no matter what.

Match: Grab your favourite weapons and get shooting! Strafe as constantly as you can, and don't forget to use mouselook. Grab barriers, too: you'll protect your precious chaos emeralds. If you've got everything, but can't transform thanks to a shield: get hit. Double jump instantly and get mauling. Sonic: Only thok for getaways, as some snipers are used to, well, sniping thokkers. Tails: Avoid flying near snipers. Spinflying's a good idea, however, and if you're a sniper yourself, you can play death-from-above by sniping them out in midair! Knuckles: If using OpenGL, get as high as possible, and bombard your opponent from the sky while gliding.

CTF: Same as Match, except:
Monitorbounce when you can, specially if you've got the flag or if the monitor's in the water, as you'll go back up with twice your momentum. Know any sneaky routes? Use them. If it's an underwater route, spindash through it: Water doesn't affect their speed. Take any safe routes, and be Sonic when you've got the flag. His speed will come in useful. In Silver Cascade Zone, whirlwind shields are useful: If used at exactly the right time, you can go from side A to side B in a jiffy and get the enemy's flag captured. Use rings with high knockback, too: if you're striking someone with the flag, it'll take them a bit to get back. Change routes when you can, and get to high ground if you have the flag. If you're stuck at your base and your flag's taken as well, don't camp at the beginning: move around constantly in the base. Also, traps come in useful: There are several spots where you can smack your opponent from where they don't expect it. Use teamsay when you can as well.

Match: Sprint towards shields, stock up on ring types, get a lot of rings. and finally get in the fight

CTF: Use backdoor routes, like those trenches in lime forest that go directly from the lake to a base. also use high routes

Race: Fly tails! fly!!

Co-Op:Help out sonic players that need to cross gaps

My some of my Ctf methods.

Ctf: Easy just choose one of these. Attacker (gets flag and captures it) Defender (Protects the flag and makes sure it is at the base at all times) "New" Emmy (Emerald grabber) All-star (everything)

Make sure you don't all choose Attacker. :p

(If you have a choice between your flag and theirs think which side flag is closer to base. Then choose the opposite flag . Because if your flag is close to their side your team will have more trouble getting it back.

HnS: Think. What place would somebody overlook often, and yet not perceive as an hideout? People do all know about the 'obvious' hiding spots like way up the magmafall in ICZ, but a non-obvious one will fool people quite nicely, hiding behind scenery objects works surprisingly well. If in doubt, climb up a random wall.

CTF: If the opponent does heavy base defense or something, keep them entertained continuously so that another team member is able to snatch the flag or something. Works well in TTZ. People do tend to forget personal cover over the flag sometimes, so abuse the heck outta that. With 'nade rings or scatter shots or whatever is on hand. If you can't do the flagbearer partout, only get the flag in sticky situations. Don't forget about flag-tossing, too.

Sniping is far more possible in CTF as opposed to match (where you have to worry about your own hide, and get ambushed far far more often), and should be done in more open maps like Lime Forest, Silver Cascade or Nimbus Ruins. It usually works out better if you let somebody come in front of your crosshair instead of trying to chase him with it, especially if you have good reaction time. I personally use angle so that I don't try to get a 'perfect' shot in, but mind your ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back