A new level!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Sonic, people, since when do we give a flip about the order of the levels? I mean, in Sonic 2, at one point, you would have gone straight from a desert to a winter-themed level. True, that never actually HAPPENED in the final game, but what I'm saying is I'd worry about more important things, y'know?

To get on topic, I'm really happy to hear about the special stages being more like Nights. The current ones just aren't very... Sonic-y. Could somebody explain exactly what a 'mare' is, though?

Last edited:
It's Sonic, people, since when do we give a flip about the order of the levels? I mean, in Sonic 2, at one point, you would have gone straight from a desert to a winter-themed level. True, that never actually HAPPENED in the final game, but what I'm saying is I'd worry about more important things, y'know?

To get on topic, I'm really happy to hear about the special stages being more like Nights. The current ones just aren't very... Sonic-y. Could somebody explain exactly what a 'mare' is, though?

Plus, the top of Red Volcano Zone is probably the most convenient place to stick Blue Mountain Zone. And admittedly, Blue Mountain Zone's snow theme sounds a lot more exciting than Generic Mountaintop Zone, especially since Arid Canyon has kind of filled that level theme.

Also, I think mares are supposed to be individual rounds that you play as Super Sonic / Nights. You gather rings and bop the capsule over a single course: That's one mare.

I just realized that these Nights-style Special Stages could be fun not only because you fly around in your Super form, but could also be fun for what you do while you're not super. Maybe the characters would have to find fifty rings as soon as possible before they could transform.

And then there's the chance that the player might not even Super-transform at all while in the Special Stages, but rather fly around in there regular forms. Admittedly, it would be kind of lame to see Sonic transform into Super Sonic before you gather all the Chaos Emeralds.

Last edited:
Alright, I know this is kind of off topic, but if ERZ's boss will eventually be DCZ's boss, I can't imagine the hardness of ERZ's boss! I mean, I can't even beat the current ERZ boss with god mode on!

Although I haven't played the game, I believe in NiGHTS into Dreams the objection was to get rid of the "nightmares", which SRB2 replaces with a floating egg capsule. Hence, the capsule is a mare.

Yes, in fact, I am. Whenever I jump on top of Brak Eggman, I just go straight through him! It's really annoying. I mean, seriously, what is going to be ERZ's boss in SRB2 Final Release?!?!?

He is not that hard... Especially when you already figured out ways of beating him.

I did not know that Castle Eggman's second act was incomplete, it seemed complete before unless it intended to end differently.
I wonder if Blue Mountain will have different gimmicks also along with gimmicks used in previous ice levels that were made by others?

That would be interesting. I'm thinking of expanding on what they have now and calling it "SRB2: My Vision" or something like that.

Although I haven't played the game, I believe in NiGHTS into Dreams the objection was to get rid of the "nightmares", which SRB2 replaces with a floating egg capsule. Hence, the capsule is a mare.

Actually, 'mare' is a term used in the original NiGHTS.

Thought so, though I figured the term "nightmare" helps paint a better picture.

Well, I think the concept of the 'mare' was a neutral description... i.e., nightmares mean bad, and uh... maybe daymares mean good. So a 'mare' is a thing, not necessarily good or bad.

I think the "mare" part means bad, not "night". You could have a really bad dream while taking a nap during the day, but that wouldn't make a "daymare" better than a nightmare, would it?

Also, I just looked up on definitions, and apparently "maring" is the act of breathing heavily and whatnot from a nightmare. But we're totally on topic here.

Last edited:
I think the "mare" part means bad, not "night". You could have a really bad dream while taking a nap during the day, but that wouldn't make a "daymare" better than a nightmare, would it?

Also, I just looked up on definitions, and apparently "maring" is the act of breathing heavily and whatnot from a nightmare. But we're totally on topic here.
It's a term used in a videogame.....

Blue Warrior, I'm more commenting on several other things throughout the game. The character's name is NiGHTS, he flies through different tracks called 'mares'. He is collecting 'ideyas' in the character's sleep. (No, I do not care about how JoD's voice actors pronounce it. It's a twist on the word 'idea', dammit. =P) And the final boss's name is Wizeman. His rival's name is Reala (Again, screw JoD, it's the word 'reality' shortened up some). The enemies are called Nightmarens. And there are more, subtler ones, but really, they're there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back