houston, we have a problem (netgames with newest versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegix

Generally Friendly
whenever I try to join a netgame, I get a message box that says

tails.plr has the wron md5sum <insert random gibberish here>
knux.plr has the wron md5sum <insert random gibberish here>

how do I fix this?

I have the latest version, yet I'm still getting a similar message at times for knux.plr as well.

I'm pretty sure that server was using my version too.

Dear God...

"d00d!!11! LIEK THAR IS TEH NEW VARSION 1.0951672893473281748923164782614[/b/! LIEK ITZ WAY BETTAR THAN 1.0951672893473281748923164782613! U R TEH LOOOOOSE!"

Seriously, all these tiny updates are fucking retarded. If it was an automated process, like "Software update" then it would be fine... but I don't think that's realistic for SRB2.

I refuse to upgrade until I see a reason to, for example new Single Player levels, or a version that won't totally ruin compatibility with the existing WADs I love to play.

I wouldn't bitch about this if it wasn't for the compatibility issues, like these ones. New versions are fine, new versions with extremely few changes that ruin compatibility are not fine.

I can't keep updating the mac version to my server-that ruins my bandwidth, and it's all to assure compatibility with WADs and multiplayer?

>_>

Not fun.

Install 1.09.3.8, then 1.09.3.10. That happens because you need the updated knux.plr and tails.plr, found in 1.09.3.8.

GCFreak said:
Install 1.09.3.8, then 1.09.3.10. That happens because you need the updated knux.plr and tails.plr, found in 1.09.3.8.
They're included in 1.09.3.10 too. All you have to do is run the 1092 to 1093 patch, then unzip the 1.09.3.X ZIP file, whichever one is the current one. All the ZIP does is extract the current EXE and PLR files.

Basically, here's what's going on: We're releasing a bunch of incremental versions in an attempt to make sure 1.09.4 is as bugfree as possible. You know how everyone is always drooling over betas. Well, that's what 1.09.3 is. Help us beta test it, and therefore, when 1.09.4 comes out, it'll have less bugs. 1.09.4 really will be the last release before 1.1, so if you want it to not be buggy, here is your chance.

After 1.09.4 is released, instead of addin all these "features," just focus 100% on the levels! And also, there should be one match/CTF level for each level, but thats just an idea.

Lostgame said:
Dear God...

"d00d!!11! LIEK THAR IS TEH NEW VARSION 1.0951672893473281748923164782614[/b/! LIEK ITZ WAY BETTAR THAN 1.0951672893473281748923164782613! U R TEH LOOOOOSE!"

Seriously, all these tiny updates are **** retarded. If it was an automated process, like "Software update" then it would be fine... but I don't think that's realistic for SRB2.

These new versions are not intended to be full upgrades - I believe AJ himself uses the 'this is a beta version' caveat, and is the reason that this is not on the main website. Much like a public test server for an MMORPG, it is running new (and potentially buggy) EXEs that require wide-scale testing. It is very strongly advised that you keep a spare copy of 1.09.2 for playing a majority of netgames - as such, for your MAC port, I'd also strongly suggest waiting until you the 'official' 1.09.4 is released. ;)

Lostgame said:
After 1.09.4 is released, instead of addin all these "features," just focus 100% on the levels! And also, there should be one match/CTF level for each level, but thats just an idea.

The features are required for continued enjoyment of multiplayer content, and some of the features are very useful for us (such as custom axes in NiGHTS levels), and make for more exciting levels. We could theoretically bang them out in a few days, but they'd be of poor quality and wouldn't really have any specific set pieces or unique enemies (yes, the game ISN'T going to be comprised entirely of Crawlas, Buzzies, Jetty-Synns and Eggmen =P) which is what we're really looking for.

--
Johnny

This is something I've been wanting to hear since I've jioned the dang forum... New enemies and someone pointing out just use 1.9.2 until the next official realise is ready!

Glad to seems some common sence around here!

KingofFlames said:
there's going to be new enemies and bosses? *dies*

Well, Mystic has said SRB2 is Sonic-2-with-the-best-of-3 in it and both of those had a lot more variety in enemies than just the amount of enemies in SRB2, ATM. ;)

But why can't they do what Mystic did in Mystic Realm? He started off by making some quick levels, but later he fixed them up a bit.

Hyper Tails said:
But why can't they do what Mystic did in Mystic Realm? He started off by making some quick levels, but later he fixed them up a bit.

Welcome to 'Element of Suprise' - population: You and everyone who isn't a dev!

--
Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back