Games that everyone likes but you

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, Zelda's challenge is a linear path of puzzles with only one solution, and if you don't know where to go, or what to do at a certain place, you can't really do anything. I'll get stuck at a certain part, then I'll get bored, because the only interest I had at that point was moving forward. It feels excessively linear in spite of the fairly sandbox nature of the games.
Twilight Princess. Ice Dungeon. Having to slide an ice block onto two pressure switches in a small space. ALL OF MY HATE AAAAAAAAAHHHH

Being on-topic, I never liked the Mortal Kombat series. I was never really a fan of fighters, considering most of them consist of "USE ONLY MOVE TO WIN THE GAME." The only fighter I like is Killer Instinct, considering it's a lot harder to use that method.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: I just find it unfun to die every 2 seconds. You have to play a long ass time just to get a good gun. That means level 70 people will always kick your ass if your low leveled. Also you level up sooo slow. This game gave me more frustration than any game before. Good thing I own Halo 3. Halo mixes all I love of FPS and arcade games. And if Halo bores me, then I got Team Fortress 2 on PC to keep me busy. TF2Ware mod is just fun.

I'm only going to be listing games I've actually played.
Let's start with the games I simply don't like:
Gish - Everyone who has even heard of this likes it except for me. I think that it's just meh. It's not a good game, but it's not a bad game either.
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 - The controls are terrible compared to 3, but I suppose that's what I have to expect when I start off the series by being spoiled with 3's wiimote controls.
Call of Duty series - I've only played the second one, and I thought that it was yet another shallow deathmatch game.
Halo 3 - Same. A Shallow deathmatch game.
Sonic Adventure 2:Battle - Shadow, trying to make a serious plot and failing, not to mention over 2/3rds of the game had horrible gameplay. If it wasn't for the awesomeness that was the soundtrack and Sonic's first stage, this would be on the hate list.
Sonic Rush - No, it did not live up to the original Sonic games, or even the Sonic Advance series.
Battlefield 2 - Random inaccuracy in a game with Ironsights. Not to mention proneing/dolphin diving. Still, I can see what it was going for.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - Not even close to as good as the original.
Dragon Age: Origins - [Imitating Ben Stein]I'm having fun.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - This is the first time I've actually had to force myself to finish a Zelda game. Not even Zelda 2 was that way, and that's supposed to be the worst Zelda. Not to mention that I have absolutely no desire to play it again.
Counter-Strike: Horribly overdone random inaccuracy, n00bs, and hackers.
Mass Effect 2: They took out what made the first game unique: overheating. Plus, they overemphasised "romancing." And then the combat is horribly unbalanced if you don't choose the soldier class.
Star Wars: Rouge Squadron II and III - I'm sorry, but If I can't see what I'm doing, where I'm going, or what's going on, your game sucks. These two were hugely disappointing compared to the first one.

And now the games I hate with a passion:
Every game with Games For Windows Live or any other restrictive DRM - If I can't play your game because of your artificial restrictions, then your game automatically sucks. EXCEPTION: Fallout 3, because GFWL can be disabled in that. Also, Steam isn't restrictive DRM under my definitions, so I'm okay with games which use it.
Super Mario Galaxy - Fifteen minutes in and I already hated this game. And then when the bee suit was introduced, I decided that Mario was dead. Then New Super Mario Bros. Wii came out, and I changed my mind. Then Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out, and I changed it right back.
Star Fox Adventures - Worst. Zelda. Ripoff. Ever. Bad voice acting, an annoying sidekick, bad level design, the female lead dresses like a [censored], huge disparities in difficulty, a lousy story, an annoying sidekick, tacked-on space combat which feels nothing like Star Fox, beyond-boring combat, and an annoying sidekick. Yes, that sidekick was THAT annoying.
Counter-Strike: Source - Take everything I complained about in the original Counter-Strike, multiply it by 20, then dumb-down the game.
Metal Gear Ac!d - If you've ever played it for about 3 seconds (literally), you'll probably be able to guess my reason.
Super Smash Bros. Melee - You took a perfectly good Nintendo 64 game and made a sequel in which you added a ton of characters (good), expanded the single-player mode (good), and added replay value to it (good), BUT YOU DESTROYED THE GAMEPLAY. Well, at least Brawl made up for it.

Yikes. Some of those games on that list, man. Are you one of those guys that think the Holocaust never happened?

Sometimes i get pissed off when everybody say to me "SONIC?! THIS GAME SUCKS BALLS! TRY TO PLAY COUNTER STRIKE!". I allways play those Mascot games (Mario,sonic,megamen,rayman).
Counter strike is what i hate. Tibia too.
Imagine a club. There are 6 computers. For gaming each gets 30 minutes to play. Whenever they play counter strike they time passes and they say "Duh just a minute." and play more. You get to sit on your favorite computer where there are sonic games. People start watch you. Many of them are small kids who dident play shooters yet and like the sweet world of Sega. Meaniwhile older are just taunting you And comment How this game sucks. And whenever you die they say "BWHAHAHA YOU SUCK". Then you say "You can do better?" And they agree. They play the game first time so they are unfamilliar with the controls so they probally die and you get the last laugh.
Dont you hate when people want to make you play those crappier games?
One time i said to them About an crash of video games in 80's And how Donkey kong saved it. But they just ignored my sentence.

People today are just "Son its time to sleep!" "Just a minute!",Start to swear or even turn against their family just because of playing computer games.
I can say the 90's were better when people appreciated mascot games. :/

Sometimes i get pissed off when everybody say to me "SONIC?! THIS GAME SUCKS BALLS! TRY TO PLAY COUNTER STRIKE!". I allways play those Mascot games (Mario,sonic,megamen,rayman).
Counter strike is what i hate. Tibia too.
Imagine a club. There are 6 computers. For gaming each gets 30 minutes to play. Whenever they play counter strike they time passes and they say "Duh just a minute." and play more. You get to sit on your favorite computer where there are sonic games. People start watch you. Many of them are small kids who dident play shooters yet and like the sweet world of Sega. Meaniwhile older are just taunting you And comment How this game sucks. And whenever you die they say "BWHAHAHA YOU SUCK". Then you say "You can do better?" And they agree. They play the game first time so they are unfamilliar with the controls so they probally die and you get the last laugh.
Dont you hate when people want to make you play those crappier games?
One time i said to them About an crash of video games in 80's And how Donkey kong saved it. But they just ignored my sentence.

People today are just "Son its time to sleep!" "Just a minute!",Start to swear or even turn against their family just because of playing computer games.
I can say the 90's were better when people appreciated mascot games. :/

I agree with you 100%! This could be applied to Mario also. I know people that hate Mario because he is a "Kids Game". I always think that without that "kids game", then there would most likely NO video games. No Call of duty (thank god), no Halo, no Xbox or PS3. In other words, the crash helped gaming more than it did harm.

A lot of people are seriously just hating on COD & Halo just to hate. I'm aware many that have actually tried the games actually don't like it, though. I tried COD5 and Halo 3 and found both fun. But to be fair Halo 3 was co-op with a friend (I was the badass arbiter thing) so of course it was fun. COD5.. I own that on Wii, fff.

I don't really dislike extremely popular games. I just can't think of one.

Yikes. Some of those games on that list, man. Are you one of those guys that think the Holocaust never happened?
It's kind of a bad idea to bring things like that into unrelated topics, but I understand what you're saying. By the way, which games in particular do you have a problem with me not liking?
Oh, and I do not deny the Holocaust. Thanks for the false accusation however. I can never get enough of those.

I always think that without that "kids game", then there would most likely NO video games.
And if it wasn't for that "kid's movie" we know today as Star Wars: Episode 4, there would likely be much less SciFi (or is it SyFy?) and special effects wouldn't be nearly as advanced as they are today.
The thing is, I don't mind a kid's game or movie, as long as it isn't designed to be only for kids. Spongebob is still one of my favorite cartoons, even though it's for kids (or is it?). It's when it is designed only for kids that I can't handle it.

It's kind of a bad idea to bring things like that into unrelated topics, but I understand what you're saying. By the way, which games in particular do you have a problem with me not liking?
Oh, and I do not deny the Holocaust. Thanks for the false accusation however. I can never get enough of those.

Relax, man. I just find it hard to believe there are people out there that dislike Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 1 or Melee.

Super Mario 64 - Maybe it's only because I played this on an emulator, but I didn't like this game much at all. The controls are annoying and the level design can just be frustrating. But hey, perhaps a joystick would've worked better than a keyboard.

Something I hate that most people like is pretty much every MMORPG. There's ALWAYS at least some constant grinding and repetitive gameplay involved in them. It's boring as hell, and I don't see how anyone can possibly play those without falling asleep.

I bought Team Fortress 2 and tried it get into it but I just don't really understand the appeal and humor...

The nostalgia of older FPS games like UT is what brings most to it. The fact that it was a new game with old tastes(health powerups, etc) and incorporated team based gameplay(Compared to games like MW where even the team modes felt like deathmatch).

Also the customization, when you get bored of vanilla maps you can make your own/play others easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back