BZ4's Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually quite good, I've got both the 1.08 and 1.09 version. I believe it's canned though. I would of liked a heaps better version of it. I was thinking of making my own version but yeah.

Magma Core And Death Egg Zone ain't up there? I can Upload links to them, if you like.

Personally, I like linking out to forum topics better than just download links, but I can't put up anything if they've only been released in contests.

Also, SASRB2 deserves a spot here, it's just there's no real DL link, unless I'm forgetting something.

There's one on the SRB2 Wiki, just put in SA SRB2 in search and there's a 1.08 version and a 1.09 version.

I haven't tested it in a while, and I seem to not be using my SRB2 computer. Would you care to list what you see as the pros and cons of the level?

If you don't have confidence in your own level, I'm not sure why anyone else would like it.

I don't think Donnyku's Shadow should be on there. It's a somewhat bad edit, it has a cheap homing thok, and now there is a better Shadow. (Dr.Pepper's ShadowRE.)

BlueZero4 said:
I haven't tested it [Poison Palace Zone] in a while, and I seem to not be using my SRB2 computer. Would you care to list what you see as the pros and cons of the level?

If you don't have confidence in your own level, I'm not sure why anyone else would like it.

OK.

Pros:

- Length is good
- Fair difficulty, and not cheap
- A special path for Tails
- Texturing is unique
- Pretty straightforward
- Plenty of hidden teleporters and secrets

Cons:

- Knuckles has it easy
- One secret is so odd to trigger that I don't think anyone would find it
- Occasional framerate lag
- Apparently that glitchy Star Post (I haven't confirmed this)

I will fix that Star Post thing when I have time, though.

Alright, SonicMaster. You are putting up your own level and bragging. Because you are bragging, I am naturally approaching this with less slack than I would otherwise. Consider me a critic.

Obviously, you're telling yourself the level is good because it matches up with everything you've heard about level design from sources which provide more of a checklist than actual advice. The visual design reflects the community's general emphasis on gameplay over graphics. However, such bare-boned graphics imply a major stress on gameplay, which there isn't. Most of the gimmicks rely on killing the player. For example, forcing the player towards their doom (with currents or conveyor belts) and making them avoid it. The only times when you aren't trying to kill the player are during simple platforming, which isn't that much fun either. Do you honestly enjoy playing this yourself?

Stickied the topic, because it totally deserves to be stickied. Why it wasn't done before is beyond me.

:SonicMaster: said:
Wait a minute, you ASKED me for the pros and cons of my level. You don't make any sense.

This. I mean, seriously, you ask him for the pros and cons, and then accuse him of bragging when he posts it. Where the hell is the logic in that?

Jellybones69 said:
I don't think Donnyku's Shadow should be on there. It's a somewhat bad edit, it has a cheap homing thok, and now there is a better Shadow. (Dr.Pepper's ShadowRE.)

Adding to this. Donnyku's Amy shouldn't be on there either. It doesn't look that great, and we have Dr. Pepper's AmyRE now.

SonicMaster said:
Wait a minute, you ASKED me for the pros and cons of my level. You don't make any sense.
I wanted to know what you thought about your own level. After I saw what you said, I wanted to bring something else to your attention. Do you still think I'm unreasonable?

In regards to Shadow, I played both Donnyku's and Dr. Pepper's versions, and I detest both of them for not having running frames.

As far as Amy goes, it feels like Dr. Pepper did do justice to Amy, but having a thok is odd.

BlueZero4 said:
As far as Amy goes, it feels like Dr. Pepper did do justice to Amy, but having a thok is odd.

That's why I made the RENET version, so try playing it. :P That version uses the double jump ability, and runs/spins with her hammer like AmyR.

It has not to do with rejecting my level. You said I was bragging. Even in that PM I sent you, I still don't feel I was bragging; I just said I thought it was good enough. Emphasis on the words I thought, too, just to avoid any other misunderstandings from anyone reading this. =/

And I'm saying it doesn't stand out from the crowd as worth playing. Poison Palace doesn't have anything fundamentally wrong with it, it just doesn't do anything to separate itself from the crowd.

I see what you're saying Blue, but I think you worded that post like as if SonicMaster was doing something wrong when he listed the pros and cons.

Aw screw it. I was wrong, I admit that, and I'm going to feature Poison Palace anyway.

Also, Dr. P's Shadow and Amy are going up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back