Deathmatch Arena (Match)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

An SRB2 spin on a gametype from other FPS games...

This map essentially lives up to it's name. Its quite similar to deathmatch gameplay from other games. Basically you choose a weapon and are stocked with a minute and a half of that weapon, a generic shield, and 80 rings. You are then teleported into the arena. There are no items inside the actual map. If you want more rings, you've got to steal them from other players. If you die, you return to the spawn and you can repick your weapon and be restocked with rings.

This is a Bomb/Rail/Auto map. You pick one weapon when you spawn. Skilled players will be able to steal weapons from other players, gaining enormous advantages in combat.

*NOTE* This map replaces MAP94 (Starlight Warehouse Zone) *NOTE*

*WARNING* For some unknown reason, this map crashes PrettySRB2 in either rendering mode if you aren't node 0. I have no clue why...

*EDIT* The above problem has been fixed, link has been updated.

Screenshots:

Weapon select:

View across:

Another view across:

View of center:

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8oakj1

As usual, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

You make really cool wads I have all of your wads that you made I think. Also it's me Max from SRB2.

jazz, I think you've outdone yourself this time...

only suggestion: put rings in the middle part

Putting rings in the middle of the map would eliminate the whole point of the map. This is a deathmatch, you fight until you die, then you get restocked with weapons and rings.

The map is fine for what it is built for, but praying on the weak to survive seems kinda harsh...

Realistically, this map phails due to SRB2's gameplay mechanics.

If you get shot, you lose all your ammo, and pretty much all your helth too. Getting back the ammo in SRB2 is normally easy, because there's usually some rings right next to you. However, in this map, you're a siting duck waiting for someone to rail you for free points.

Nice try, but please try to stay away from this concept for later maps.

Hmm, I ran into similar problems when I played this map. I'm probably going to wind up remaking this into a normal match map, but this map seemed to work with people with better aim.

Thinking I should just add rings to the regular map, with no weapons, so you get weapons at spawn, but get restocked with rings as you fight.

I agree, Jazz - but you might want to include an Infinity Ring hidden in the map as a bonus for skilled players.

The download link dosn't work anymore! (Stupid Sendspace - taking the fun of me!) Why not use SRB2FFH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back