Animal cones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacy

Now with less viruses
My dog got a cone yesterday because he won't stop scratching his cheek and it keeps bleeding. I think my mom and sister put it on after I had gone to bed because I heard whimpering and howling in the middle of the night because he hates cones. I don't think he got any sleep because he is right next to me and he looks very tired. Poor thing. Have you ever had a pet that needed a cone?

My dog Cooper got a cone after chewing open a number of sores on his lower belly. He hated it so much that he refused to move for an hour, and then his only movement was to go over to his nap bed. Even after he went there, he refused to lie down, and just sat rigid, staring at us pitifully. He was so miserable with the cone on that we quickly just took it off and used verbal commands to stop him chewing instead.

I laughed at my dog when he had a cone on his head. He looked like some sort of vacuum or something, because he would constantly have the cone flat down on the ground

Jacy said:
Have you ever had a pet that needed a cone?
In 1996 we had a black cat that had a severe itch problem a flea collar couldn't solve. He was so addicted to itching his entire neck was quite fur-less and gory. His scratches painted the walls red. He died from this habit. Vet couldn't do a thing. We tried to kill all the fleas we could. A cone could have helped. :(

I took his cone off in the morning yesterday. He went to get a drink of water then proceeded to rubbing his cheek on the ground like crazy and he tried to bite me when I was going to put the cone back on. My mom actually took a picture of the poor dog yesterday.
It is a link to a larger picture.
As you can see on his left cheek it is red from the blood. He hasn't scratched as much, but last night it got really bloody when he scratched and it took me a while to wash off the blood from his fur.
The funny thing is, I think we got better TV reception when he had it on. I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back