Need help with doom builder please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linking to the SRB2 Wiki isn't going to help him, Donovan. Why can't you post a link to the page that you think he should look at?

EDIT: Anyway...

Right click on the grid you see in Doom Builder to make a vertex (corner), and to place more vertices you should left click on other places in the grid, and it will have joined the two with a line. Continue to do that, making sure you loop back to the first vertex. You should have a sector there now. Make sure you don't make the lines cross each other, or leave a sector unclosed, or make any lines stick out from the sector.

Here's some general advice for you. When I started using Doombuilder, the wiki looked like gibberish to me. But once you have a thorough knowledge of what the basic components are (sector, linedef, vertices, control sector, linedef executor, etc.) everything makes much more sense, and the wiki will be a lot more helpful. It's confusing at first, but a bit of trial and error will get you on the right track eventually. Good luck!

Re: help with xwe

shadowfan1459 said:
anyway how to add music in xwe
I'd prefer if you didn't. :P

But anyway. It's a simple drag-and-drop into XWE and renaming the music lump to one of the musicslots. But in some ways it's more complicated than that.

First of all, everyone will want you to minimise the filesize. The best way to do it is to convert your music to Ogg Vorbis format.

Secondly, you'd probably want to set the music up so it loops. Audio-editing software can be helpful.

Thirdly. Obey copyright laws. Don't post any commercially released music on the forums.

Pretty much all I just said can be found on the SRB2 Wiki. It also tells you how to do most of the things I mentioned.
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Sound_and_Music_Tutorial#Adding_Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back