SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2020   #1
gabisenk
Default Hello. I need help with installing Modern Sonic mod.

I am trying to install the modern Sonic mod from this link

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=46476

When I turn on the pk3 in the game from the addons options in game, it does nothing for me when I start the game... What do I need to do to install this mod correctly? Please I really want to play SRB2 with the homing attack...
gabisenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020   #2
KuroEl64
Known as Hajime in game
 
KuroEl64's Avatar
Default

That's a bit odd. You just need to press Enter when you select VCL_ModernSonic-v3.1.pk3 and that's it it's on your game. But if you mean doing single player on a save file you can't. It only works on No save or if you add Custom Gamedata
__________________
Just a Danganronpa fan boi. Don't take this seriously
KuroEl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020   #3
gabisenk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroEl64 View Post
That's a bit odd. You just need to press Enter when you select VCL_ModernSonic-v3.1.pk3 and that's it it's on your game. But if you mean doing single player on a save file you can't. It only works on No save or if you add Custom Gamedata
I tried everything. It just doesn't work. But maybe I got a wrong version of the game...
gabisenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020   #4
ClassicNC
Also known as Sonic Plus
 
ClassicNC's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabisenk View Post
I tried everything. It just doesn't work. But maybe I got a wrong version of the game...
What version are you playing on?
__________________
Hey, Sonic! Long time no see-
That's my line.
Wh-
Shut up, Tails.
ClassicNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020   #5
Aquatic Akito
The Super Mystic Guardian
 
Aquatic Akito's Avatar
Default

That's very odd...


Quick question: At the end of the console (`) when you add him, does it say the following:

Code:
VCL_ModernSonic-v3.1.pk3 added 75 frames in 8 sprites
Added skin 'modernsonic'
no maps added
$_
__________________
A person who tries to be cool all the time.
Aquatic Akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
ffoxD
 
ffoxD's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabisenk View Post
I am trying to install the modern Sonic mod from this link

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=46476

When I turn on the pk3 in the game from the addons options in game, it does nothing for me when I start the game... What do I need to do to install this mod correctly? Please I really want to play SRB2 with the homing attack...
I think I understand. You actually have to load the mod from the addons menu every time you start the game. You can't install a mod permanently and when you have a mod loaded you can't save any progress.
So, basically, every time when you start the game and you want to play as him, load him from the addons menu and play in no save.
ffoxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.