• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

kafjkCb.png

Boredom

C'mon...... I am making a Sonic 06 Md2 now. First Sonic Colors and now Sonic 06? By the way, I doubt you can enter the model in Srb2, the verts limit is not enough to make the model be rendered in Srb2.

Last edited:
@virt yep. Virtual and I saw that the 06 model uses an extreme high vert count, even higher than sonic colors. Decimation is possible, but the model would need to be decimated to a ratio of 0.17 for it to work, and with a ratio of 0.17, it would look extremely different then it originally did. You can however do what I did, and that is body part transplants with other models that won't change the models look. For example, replacing the eyes and pupils with the eyes and pupils from SADX, and simply apply the 06 texture to them. The look will be extremely similar, and the vert count would be reduced. That, or you could group separate parts of the model into sections and decimate the sections that would remain similar in the decimation process, and not decimate the ones that change greatly.

@TheDoctor In the work you did with the model you showed me with the polycount reduced, that one is better, except that you didn't reduced the poly from hands and shoes. Try reducing the body as you did but a bit less, and try reducing the poly from hands and shoes, that should be enough to make the model be rendered in Srb2. Also, I never see you Online in Skype anymore :PPPPPPPPPP.

Last edited:
@virt Well, decimating the hands and shoes will get you the same result as decimating the whole thing, a result that looks different then the desired result. But using the transplant idea, you could transplant the Sonic Colors arms and hands, and simply modify them to look similar. In my opinion the transplant is the best way to go because the result is a model with lower verts, and a similar look. I will send you a comparison through skype, which I could rarely go on due to lack of Internet sources. Oh, and the 3 viruses my computer has.

@VIRT???? IT'S VIRTUAL!! Well, decimating the hands and shoes will get you the same result as decimating the whole thing, a result that looks different then the desired result. But using the transplant idea, you could transplant the Sonic Colors arms and hands, and simply modify them to look similar. In my opinion the transplant is the best way to go because the result is a model with lower verts, and a similar look. I will send you a comparison through skype, which I could rarely go on due to lack of Internet sources. Oh, and the 3 viruses my computer has.

@TheDoctor |:I You should run your anti-virus, or just take your comp and carry it to a technician and fix it.

Last edited:
@visual nah, I know how to temporarily disable the virus' effect, so if anyone wants to use my computer without my knowledge, the virus crashes the computer :)

It can't. I have to manually remove them. Back on topic guys? I have extended the manray maps into a manray map pack, simply because I wanted more ice maps, and I had a lot of ideas and I didn't want one huge level.

BEEP BOOP
xUOxupi.gif

I messed up on a bit of shading and the animation, but it's midnight now and I don't want to fix it ATM.

nKdPtfH.png

KI8Zb0e.png

aBi4drX.png

A new Single-Player level I've been working on. I'm still looking for a good name, but right now I'm using Starry Cliffside.
And for those worrying about lack texture variation making platforming difficult, the textures become more colorful the closer you get to them.

All the screenshots suffer from "big flat wall" syndrome. The map does look like a cave up until the blatant sides and ceilings. Vary your ceiling heights and find ways to jag up the level barrier. It's the most a problem in the first screenshot and the least in the last one.

BEEP BOOP I am programmed to be scary

I messed up on a bit of shading and the animation, but it's midnight now and I don't want to fix it ATM.

Oooo, bomb-bot is still alive!
Now it has to damage the player while exploding.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back