SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2014   #3981
furythehog
The Emblem Guy!
 
furythehog's Avatar
Default

I personally like the sort of digital emerald you get in black hole, matches the theme nicely.

As for rainbow A on everything, no, I think that should be exclusively a bragging right rather than a requirement, they're incredibly challenging to get and require a lot more investment than even A rank does, so like vash said, a huge majority would then never get the emblems.

I know I've mentioned the fact that Nights is a big difference to basic srb2 game-play A million times now, but it remains true, a large portion of players will likely NEVER be able to become nights masters, so be REQUIRED to master Nights will only deter people and THEN you have them coming here complaining for it to be lowered down again.

We have the rainbow A and SS8 for hardcore enthusiasts, and the emblems for those who want to invest in the challenge, but have other things to do asides from practicing Nights mode for hours a day. A lot of games do that, to '100%' the game, you have to obtain all the unlockables/hidden items/etc. but there are things that don't count to the 100% completion for the truly insane.
furythehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3982
speed2411
Speed2411
 
speed2411's Avatar
Default

You guys need to add '"strafte on" back. I used that control for everything. That control was pretty much what gave me total control over Sonic. Please add it back. I really need that... To me it feels like spin was removed.
__________________
Spoiler:
Hey how's it going!
speed2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3983
Steelie
A non-special snowflake
 
Steelie's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Steel* View Post
I think you guys should bring admin ban back. Constant kicking of one spamming idiot when the host is gone goes nowhere and just pisses a huge amount of people off, both with the joining spike-lag from the spammer and his spam alike.
Yeah, anyone? I'd at least like a reason why not, if not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majro
or maybe they simply walk at sucking
Steelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3984
VirtualBlitz546
 
VirtualBlitz546's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownlight View Post
You get that one for completing Black Hole.

...You know how Black Hole has you getting that fake black emerald inside the stage? Would it be possible to replace the black emerald with the NiGHTS Mastery emblem?
I honestly have never seen that "Black Hole" special stage, how can I play it?
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3985
Dark Knight
Default

You A rank every other special stage. I've never been there before though.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014   #3986
Unknownlight
 
Unknownlight's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBlitz546 View Post
I honestly have never seen that "Black Hole" special stage, how can I play it?
A-rank all other special stages.

Ninja'd
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3987
wolfs
Watch Symphogear
Developer
 
wolfs's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
You guys need to add '"strafte on" back. I used that control for everything. That control was pretty much what gave me total control over Sonic. Please add it back. I really need that... To me it feels like spin was removed.
Why? Strafe on caused numerous exploits that plagued the game. With it gone, those exploits no longer work. Why is Strafe on even necessary? You have a keyboard, right? Can't you just use regular strafe keys?

And enlighten me, why does it feel like spin was removed when it has nothing to do with it?
__________________
Quote:
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
wolfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3988
Netro
 
Netro's Avatar
Default

There seriously needs to be an option where you can prevent certain pings or connection types from entering your server. I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating it is to have a server going with a bunch of people and all of a sudden some guy joins in with a massive ping and either causes everyone to disconnect, leave, or out right crash the server (locks SRB2 up due to lag which affects everyone). Sometimes when they do it and then the game doesn't lock up, the person leaves deliberately and then joins back in causing the lag again on purpose, and this happens constantly. Some can raise the argument that "what if someone just disconnected from a sync fail or something of that nature and comes back with a higher ping?" and I say the developers should add this feature after the game becomes more stable so this scenario does not happen. Sorry if this has been said before or is impossible, but I'm not going to read through 200 pages just to see if this has been asked before.
Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3989
Sigmund_Froid
 
Sigmund_Froid's Avatar
Default

Here's my suggestion, can somebody please remove the oxygen bubble from destroyed enemies gimmick in Azure Temple? It's a real pain in the colon to have your momentum halted by touching those stupid oxygen bubbles, especially right over a bottomless pit.
Sigmund_Froid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3990
Knux576
Neighborhood Memer
 
Knux576's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund_Froid View Post
It's a real pain in the colon to have your momentum halted by touching those stupid oxygen bubbles, especially right over a bottomless pit.
That's literally the whole point of them. Also, Tails's emblem path would be a piece of cake if it was removed.
Knux576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3991
Unknownlight
 
Unknownlight's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund_Froid View Post
It's a real pain in the colon to have your momentum halted by touching those stupid oxygen bubbles, especially right over a bottomless pit.
It's Azure Temple. That's why it's there.
Unknownlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3992
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist
 
Goldenhog's Avatar
Default

Make the Jet Jaws badniks spawn red Flickies when destroyed. Can't have those cows and bunnies drowning in a Sonic game, now can we?
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3993
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan
 
fickleheart's Avatar
Default

Actually, something that isn't Lua-related. Would it be possible to add the ability to take still screenshots at a different resolution than you're running? (Say, you play normally in 640x400w but want screenshots at 1280x800.)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arf View Post
Stop trying to make slopes, guys.
fickleheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3994
furythehog
The Emblem Guy!
 
furythehog's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
Make the Jet Jaws badniks spawn red Flickies when destroyed. Can't have those cows and bunnies drowning in a Sonic game, now can we?
This is something I never thought of, but yeah, I agree, since Jet Jaw are exclusively underwater it does make sense...
furythehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3995
speed2411
Speed2411
 
speed2411's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Why? Strafe on caused numerous exploits that plagued the game. With it gone, those exploits no longer work. Why is Strafe on even necessary? You have a keyboard, right? Can't you just use regular strafe keys?

And enlighten me, why does it feel like spin was removed when it has nothing to do with it?
I use special scripts to switch my controls around depending on the gametype I'm playing. When I play coop, I prefer to be able to turn with my keyboard controls, rather then use the mouse. That being said, I prefer pressing one button to strafte instead of two. Also, I had no problems using that feature so I don't know what bugs your talking about.

Also, the spin thing was just to let you know how I felt about this being removed.
__________________
Spoiler:
Hey how's it going!
speed2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014   #3996
wolfs
Watch Symphogear
Developer
 
wolfs's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
I use special scripts to switch my controls around depending on the gametype I'm playing. When I play coop, I prefer to be able to turn with my keyboard controls, rather then use the mouse. That being said, I prefer pressing one button to strafte instead of two. Also, I had no problems using that feature so I don't know what bugs your talking about.

Also, the spin thing was just to let you know how I felt about this being removed.
The way I have things setup is to use WASD and the arrow keys when I play non-ringslinger gametypes. Much more efficient to maneuver.

If you did want to use a feature similar to Strafe On, you could always just use better scripts and bind properly instead of relying on a command to turn it on for you. And as for bugs, strafe on caused many speedrunning issues, such as tails and his spin-strafe-fly maneuver. This would cause the player to move unnaturally fast and was removed in part because of this.
__________________
Quote:
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
wolfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #3997
akirahedgehog
Toasty!
 
akirahedgehog's Avatar
Default

There is no apparent source of light in DSZ which detracts from the experience. Maybe add nautical type gas lamps or devise a light source left over from the ancient inhabitants of DSZ which has somehow survived centuries of neglect (The mythical people of Atlantis were said to have used a crystalline light source).
__________________

akirahedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #3998
Eblo
Default

Does the ability to change skins mid-game really need to be disabled? I understand that players could abuse the feature, but it's rather annoying to have to exit a game to change your strategy. The host should at least have the ability to enable or disable mid-game skin changes, or they could be limited to when players are dead or between matches.

Apologies if this belongs in another thread or if there is an actual server function for this.
Eblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #3999
Netro
 
Netro's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblo View Post
Does the ability to change skins mid-game really need to be disabled? I understand that players could abuse the feature, but it's rather annoying to have to exit a game to change your strategy. The host should at least have the ability to enable or disable mid-game skin changes, or they could be limited to when players are dead or between matches.

Apologies if this belongs in another thread or if there is an actual server function for this.
This is a thing. The host restricts skin changes.
Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #4000
Knux576
Neighborhood Memer
 
Knux576's Avatar
Default

Replace Spring Hill with Botanic Serenity, or make the required emblems for it lower. Seriously, SHZ for 100 emblems? Most of the setpieces in it are used for the special stages anyway.
Knux576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some suggestions..... Konata123 SRB2 Discussion 3 03-30-2011 03:01 AM
I want some suggestions/reviews, please. Shadow Hog Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 22 10-31-2006 01:45 AM
Question about a few 1.1 suggestions SSNTails Help 11 01-07-2006 04:27 AM
My suggestions RenegadeC Help 41 10-18-2005 09:51 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.