SRB2 Unofficially(?) on Mobile

JakeLeB

Now with 25% more fat
Today I was just minding my buisness when a video titled "SRB2 2.2.4 for Android PORT" appeared in my subscription box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13PeO0eV6_0

Naturally, I was curious and checked it out. To my shock, it was an actual port. It worked. Addons run well, and I can just...boot it up whenever I can.

So...let's discuss this. What is your opinion on this?

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I see the splash screen for a split second (which doesn't seem to load any files as it shows no text) and then it leaves the app. I copied everything over correctly.

I didn't know there WAS such thing. Is there one for SRB2kart?

I haven't see any SRB2K source code - but if I find it, I will surely hit you up.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

I found something - I don't think it's updated though; it's from 6 years ago. Maybe it just proves the guy had to work a little more to make it work in Android.

The online works surprisingly well, there's controller support, add-ons work very well (at least small ones, bigger ones lag alot). All in all, it's a really good port!

I took a look at this and noticed a few things that caught my eye. First, isn't this just a compiled APK of Jimita's Android port? I don't really see anyplace in the video crediting him at all. Seems awfully scummy if you ask me. To add onto that, are we even sure this is a safe APK file? I'm not one to say "iS tHiS vIrUs" on every single piece of software ever invented, but I do know that a lot of people that make unofficial Android ports of software aren't entirely trustworthy. Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical, but I don't think I'll use an Android port until I can compile Jimita's on my own. Sorry y'all :P

Also, he made a video titled "Sonic Mania on Android (Real FULL Game)", lmao.

Also, he made a video titled "Sonic Mania on Android (Real FULL Game)", lmao.

The sad thing about that is that it requires a PC emulator, and he strait up gives out a Sonic Mania setup file. So it's basically just a free Sonic Mania giveaway.

That's actually piracy because Mania is an officially sold game.

I don't mind if it was any fangame like Before the Sequel (even though I think LakeFeperd wouldn't agree about someone porting his game)

are we even sure this is a safe APK file? I'm not one to say "iS tHiS vIrUs" on every single piece of software ever invented, but I do know that a lot of people that make unofficial Android ports of software aren't entirely trustworthy. Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical

I tested it, works perfectly fine.

The online works surprisingly well, there's controller support, add-ons work very well (at least small ones, bigger ones lag alot). All in all, it's a really good port!

I have noticed however, that mods with Lua in them cause the game to sigsegv, as was the case when I tried to add Modern Sonic and Neo Sonic.

I actually feel uncomfortable that someone made efforts to port this without providing source, build instructions and without announcing it here. I don't want to assume there is something nefarious hidden in there, though...

I actually feel uncomfortable that someone made efforts to port this without providing source, build instructions and without announcing it here. I don't want to assume there is something nefarious hidden in there, though...
Yeah, it looks like when a bootleg/pirate version of a game has been made...

Ugh... Tried this a few times. No matter what I do, it shows the splash screen, doesn't load any files and quickly jumps back to the home screen. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 btw.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back