Castle Eggman Zone Act 2 - Multiplayer: Does it always lag or go very slow for you?

TripleT

I noticed every time I get to this level in online multiplayer mode rather I am hosting or joining in a game this level once it shows up always moves very slowly. I know the level is very huge which I think is the reason why it does that. I was wondering if anybody else gets this as well in multiplayer games. I asked around with some saying yes and others saying no. That level is practically unplayable for me in multiplayer which sucks than.

This stage ranges from mildly unpleasant at 20-ish FPS in single player to map hell at 15 FPS, even worse in OGL. I understand there's a lot to sync up there, and the platforms can't be great for the CPU rendering, but I end up having to skip one of the best levels of the new update because it's just so hard to do anything.

Even in Singleplayer, performance drops significantly in outdoor portions of the level on my end. And for some people, the performance is so bad that the entire stage is unplayable.
Multiplayer doesn't help at all and only makes it worse.

On my current PC set up, CEZ2 is playable, but there is a noticeable drop in framerate that is worse in some places than others. I have a friend with a more powerful PC and he encounters no problems whatsoever. I suspect therefore that CPU power is indeed the determining factor here, or failing that, it has to do with bottlecapping between CPU and GPU (In other words either the player has a weak CPU, or a weak GPU).

Even on my friend's setup however, he encounters a number of visual bugs while on CEZ2 that I also encounter. Platforms with invisible tops in software mode, fuzzy textures on those same platforms in OGL, etc.

Even in Singleplayer, performance drops significantly in outdoor portions of the level on my end. And for some people, the performance is so bad that the entire stage is unplayable.
Multiplayer doesn't help at all and only makes it worse.

I had this problem as well but I did not wanted to say until get it confirmed on my end whenever I do that level in single player again.

aahh! so im not the only one who suffers massive lag from CEZ2. i had to quit a multiplayer match because it just got so bad :P
i really think they should maybe try to tone CEZ2 down a bit; perhaps its just my computer that makes it so bad, but judging from this thread it seems to be just a problem of the level design itself. CEZ2 is a VERY beautiful level, but also a very..... painful one.
(also make it less confusing; it and ACZ1 are my least favorites to play because i just keep getting lost....)

On my current PC set up, CEZ2 is playable, but there is a noticeable drop in framerate that is worse in some places than others. I have a friend with a more powerful PC and he encounters no problems whatsoever. I suspect therefore that CPU power is indeed the determining factor here, or failing that, it has to do with bottlecapping between CPU and GPU (In other words either the player has a weak CPU, or a weak GPU).

Even on my friend's setup however, he encounters a number of visual bugs while on CEZ2 that I also encounter. Platforms with invisible tops in software mode, fuzzy textures on those same platforms in OGL, etc.

I've noticed platform tops turning invisible and other layering errors on a few stages, not just CEZ2 (though that one outdoor section with like 16 floating platforms is the worst). This game appears to be pushing its engine to the limit.

I've noticed platform tops turning invisible and other layering errors on a few stages, not just CEZ2 (though that one outdoor section with like 16 floating platforms is the worst). This game appears to be pushing its engine to the limit.
isnt platform tops turning invisible pretty common in srb2 in general? i mean, i heard somewhere that doom engine doesnt like moving platforms, so i imagine thats what causes it, not 'pushing its engine to the limit'...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back