An SRB2 Builder by any other name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic Robo Build Tool.

Build is referring to Blast and Tool is referring to 2, incase any of you didn't realise this.

SRB2CAD

EggCAD

Seepsea (Srb2 Enhanced Editing Program)

SEU (Srb2 Editing Utility)

SRBAuthor

Dunno... I think SRB2 Builder is still the best name so far. Just call it v2 or something.

The problem, AJ, is that every time it's mentioned someone confuses SRB2B with SRB2DB, as there is only one letter difference. It REALLY needs a new name to prevent the constant confusion people are having.

I personally like the name Workbench, and still stand by my original overly simple suggestion, Sonic Robo Blast Level Editor.

Mystic said:
The problem, AJ, is that every time it's mentioned someone confuses SRB2B with SRB2DB, as there is only one letter difference. It REALLY needs a new name to prevent the constant confusion people are having.

I personally like the name Workbench, and still stand by my original overly simple suggestion, Sonic Robo Blast Level Editor.
I'm actually coming around to the idea of SRBLE. Thank you for all the suggestions above, but I think I'll reduce it now to a short-list of this, and Workbench. The latter has the advantage of being suitable even with 'SRB2' replaced with 'Doom' in the title if I choose to adapt it for more general use at some point in the future.

Anyway, I'm open to being persuaded one way or the other.

If it's down to those two, I say Workbench, 'Level Editor' sounds highly unoriginal and doesn't sound as good. I mean, Hammer is a lot better than 'Source Level Editor', right?

It's not released yet, Mikesword. He just wants names for this.
3DSonic Level Editor is what I'd like for this.

I'd say Workbench, myself, then. It's a bit more catchy and is fairly original.

While I agree with SSN that SRB2 Builder is a better name, I know it'll be changed, so it doesn't really matter. :E

Of course, I'm going to be calling it SRB2 Builder for the next several months, out of sheer habit. So nyah. =P

Let's try just making up a word that sounds/looks somewhat cool. I personally thought of "Vymyrya."

I just know that if Ash were here, he would jump down my throat over this. I just know it. But he's not! MWAHA

Tough choice. While calling it "workbench" would set it apart from other editors, it doesn't quite sound as fitting as simply calling it "level editor". But if I had to choose, it would be level editor-it just rolls off the tongue better, IMO.

If someone could come up with a better fitting synonym to "workbench", I'd go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back