How to get better grades in Special Stages?

TripleT

How to get better grades in Special Stages? Like the highest I can get is C like what is the secret? Also why do they make the time get emblem for the special stages insanely hard? Like Special Stage 2 was one I got under one minute and I thought that would do it but apparently not and that was hard enough already.

Everything respawns when you loop around the stage. For most special stages, you have to go for two laps around without breaking your link chain.

How to get better grades in Special Stages? Like the highest I can get is C like what is the secret? Also why do they make the time get emblem for the special stages insanely hard? Like Special Stage 2 was one I got under one minute and I thought that would do it but apparently not and that was hard enough already.

When you retrieve the Emerald from the Egg Capsule, you may have noticed that a score multiplier starts. Your goal is to abuse that multiplier to reach the goal with the highest link number possible, and as UnknownLight mentioned, the stage will respawn its collectibles (except helpers) once you complete a lap without touching the goal. That includes looping around the stage as many times as you can before the timer expires, not getting hurt, knowing where each helper item is and when to use it, drilling constantly and avoiding going through paths where you know you will take too long to maintain your link.

This requires a lot of practice and memorization of the tracks, so don't get frustrated if you don't get good grades in your first attemts.

Also, before each Egg Capsule is a hidden "Link Freeze" helper, which is a power-up that prevents your Link combo from breaking for a short period of time. Opening up the Egg Capsule takes a certain amount of time which breaks your Link combo, so getting the Link Freeze first prevents that from happening.

That sounds insanely hard actually. Thank you was always curious about than.

It's not that hard. It depends on the stage. Special Stage 3 is extremely unforgiving for some reason and demands very skillful play to get an A rank, whereas Special Stage 6 will hand you an A rank just for completing two laps almost regardless of how badly you played.

The later requirements are generally intended to be more generous because the stages themselves are harder, but we cranked out those requirements pretty quickly after finalizing the stages, so some of them are a bit off. SS6 Rainbow A is definitely too easy, for example.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back