User promotion recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

If you haven't noticed, a couple users have been promoted to forum moderators. As far as I know, only Monster I and Spiritcrusher have been promoted. I think there may be more, so someone add in who I am missing.

It doesn't seem like the news has been posted on the forums. I thought the staff usually creates a thread detailing who got promoted? Well, anyways - Congratulations to the new moderators.

I have a feeling the reason we got new moderators was because several moderators left? I'm not sure.

Congrats on the new Moderators I guess. May you keep the forums safe from evil.

On a side note: What ever happened to FuriousFox? Did he just randomly leave? I know some have presumed him as deceased although I certainly think that didn't happen.

EDIT: Not presumed him as dead, but joked about it I mean.

I'm flattered, but do we really need a topic for this? We never create a thread when people are promoted or demoted, contrary to what you think. But since you asked, I'll answer.

Yes, Monster Iestyn and me are the only ones who were promoted. We "replaced" Chaos Zero 64 and Furyhunter, who were inactive and lost their title.

On a side note: What ever happened to FuriousFox? Did he just randomly leave? I know some have presumed him as deceased although I certainly think that didn't happen.
Actually, that might just be the best explanation. How else would you explain somebody suddenly falling off the internet without further notice, especially when this someone used to visit this community daily? Nobody knows what happened, but it's entirely possible that he died.

I actually had my grandmother, who lives in North Carolina, try to track down FuriousFox. She failed, but then again, it's not like I was forcing her to put all her efforts into it.

...That's just creepy. I don't know which part is creepier though, the part you're stalking him or the fact your grandmother is...
On the contract, Charyb actually told me he once checked FuriousFox's page, and it says he appeared ONCE after his mysterious disappearence.

It's nothing special and it's not worth noting.
Eh, I'm kind of curious on who left/old moderators.
Actually, that might just be the best explanation. How else would you explain somebody suddenly falling off the internet without further notice, especially when this someone used to visit this community daily? Nobody knows what happened, but it's entirely possible that he died.
I would assume he signed up an email, correct? His email isn't public, but I bet the staff would be able to see it. Has any of the staff tried sending out an email to him to see how he is doing?

Unfortunately, you might be onto something with death being a possibility. A forum I used to go to had a forum member disappear suddenly. He stopped using his forum account, myspace, etc.

Relax, I'm not dead. I was just feeling depressed about school and realized I was bored of SRB2 and really didn't have much involvement in the community any more. Lets be honest, the only thing I really did any more was run the level design contest, and that was only once every other month. #srb2fun pretty much ran itself and I never really used my admin powers on the forum after we started getting other mods and admins. Sure, I stayed in #srb2fun all the time, but I'd only switch to my mIRC window like once a week. I just didn't see any reason to keep logging in.

I've graduated from college now, and even have a full-time job as a software tester. I still visit srb2.org every now and then just to see if there is anything interesting going on with the game.

So, yeah, just stopping in to let everyone know I'm not dead. Congrats to Monster1 and SpiritCrusher on becoming mods.

So how does it feel to know we've had our best men (and grandmas) on your trail this whole time? You've been the invisible man for the past year or so. Just goes to show, you join the SRB2 Community, and we never let you go.

You can sign in any time you want, but you can never leeeeave!

Relax, I'm not dead.
Good to hear that you're okay. We've been speculating about you for almost 1 year, with no information about you or what happened.

Hey, I had heard some months ago someone fixed your Shrouded Terminal Zone.

Oh, thanks. The last place that I would look at would be the SRB2 Wiki.
Yeah, the Wiki is only a source for everything SRB2-related, why would you look there for anything SRB2-related, of all places?

Congrats to Monster1 and SpiritCrusher on becoming mods.
Monster1 is one of our most valued members, along with Monster2. Let's hope that in the future we can also promote Monster3 and Monster4. By the way, who's that Monster Iestyn guy? I heard he's a moderator now.

Also, it's a relief to see FuriousFox is alive and kicking. I guess it's impossible to leave a community like this without further notice if you don't want to start wild speculations.

Yeah, the Wiki is only a source for everything SRB2-related, why would you look there for anything SRB2-related, of all places?
Huh? I mainly thought the SRB2 Wiki was information about the game.

Welcome back, FuriousFox. I find it pretty awesome that you appeared out of nowhere.

b34804725fcfa64106b786f37c2f32fe.png

I come here for one little ponder round and find you've made an appearance. We were trying to find out where you'd gone for ages, some of us feared the worse. Honestly, good to see you again FF, and hope you're doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back