Ash's Generic SRB2 Questions

I reported you anyway! =D

Unless you want to help me with my problem, please post somewhere other than my topics, or comment on my posts.

That doesn't help. I don't use the wiki, simply because it is incomplete. The only thing I've used it for was the palette.

I have been lurking here (the entire SRB2 network) for about one year BEFORE demo 4.35. The wiki has no information about texture offsets (to my knowlege) (which you would know if you actually read it yourself). I have been wadding for a very, very, long time. You most likely don't know how to yourself, so your advice means nothing to me.

Oh, and Bacon, he even spelled the word criticized wrong, so just leave him be. I'm probably going to be permanently banned for "backseat moderating" or "flaming", so I wouldn't want you to go down with me.

New question. Just like there is an intangible from sides/bottom FOF, is there intangible from top? I looked on the wiki, and the specials list... but, I can't find it. If there isn't one, then there should be.

I don't know if the custom FOF allows it though, and it sorta ruins a tiny aspect of my small modification... but oh well.

Actually I was thinking of falling through the ceiling of a structure made with FOF's, you still haven't answered my question, what were you going to use it for?

Oh. It involved rings, and an elevator (another reason... but I can't release it on the grounds that the players are suposed to figure it out for themselves).

New question(s).

How do I change texture offsets for FOFs? (Explain in any/as many ways as possible, whether it be in SRB2 Doom Builder's 3D mode, or some other method)

Also, if I have a structure in which the flat is set in a way that looks inproper, is the only way for me to fix it to move it along the grid? (What if I have more than one structure, and I can't move either of them?)

Sonict

Segmint said:
How do I change texture offsets for FOFs? (Explain in any/as many ways as possible, whether it be in SRB2 Doom Builder's 3D mode, or some other method)

Have you tried setting the control lindef's texture offset using the 3D or 2D map editing mode in Srb2 Doombuilder?

Yes. Dashfox, if you don't know, you really don't need to comment. It doesn't help in any way possible.

Sonict

Segmint said:
Yes. Dashfox, if you don't know, you really don't need to comment. It doesn't help in any way possible.

I thought suggesting something that you might not have tried already was helping, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to not be helpful at all....

First thing: There's a linedef alignment special, found here.

Also, I've noticed a tendancy for ground linedef affects to also carry over to FOFs. For instance, I can get a FOF to have scrolling sides by using liedef 255 on lines below the FOF. Try seting the alignment to the linedef below the FOF.

Wow, you're a huge help. Everything you said, worked.

Another question (lol), what is the max size a sky can be?

Think about it this way: it's a texture over the sky. If it would glitch as a texture, it would glitch as a sky. Try using many 128 x 128 patches. Also, keep in mind that you can use some pretty large patches on textures just as long as you put another patch hanging off the bottom that covers the last 2 or so fracunits.

lolnewquestion

I've heard there's another height (other than 4096) around 7000 that you can use as the max. I'm afraid it might get glitchy though (Knuckles unable to cling onto walls, etc.), but I'm not sure.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back