The Elusive SRB2 Version 2.1.13 Discussion

CST1229

back after too much time
So, according to the wiki, SRB2 v2.1.13 contained major bugs and was withdrawn rather quickly and replaced with 2.1.14.
The release post on both srb2.org and the GitHub was purged, the GitLab page didn't exist back then, the Wayback Machine just baarely missed the point on the website, and the GitHub releases page was archived once in September 2020.
Does anyone still have this version and its changelogs?
(just for archival)

It's still available for download: https://files.srb2.org/srb2.org/history/SRB2-v213-patch.zip

I don't recall there being a changelog, I think it may have been a small release to fix a couple things. Either that or it was the same as 2.1.14's, again, I can't remember. As for the "major bugs", I don't know what ALL of them were but I do pretty clearly remember this one. (and no, I don't know what happened to the thread's title or remember what it was originally)

The 2.1.13 changelog was the same as 2.1.14's, though the 2.1.13 news post was deleted as some sort of joke on 13 being an unlucky number or something. The 2.1.14 news post is basically just a copy+paste of the 2.1.13 one with a few edits regardless.

Really 2.1.13 is just 2.1.14 without a few bug fixes, that is all.

EDIT: Oh and the other "major bug" I can recall is that some of the multiplayer maps still had map things for the old chaos mode fog that spawned enemies, even though all the code related to Chaos mode was finally removed in 2.1.13. So you got "Unknown thing type" errors when you loaded these maps.

Last edited:
(and no, I don't know what happened to the thread's title or remember what it was originally)
The original title was just "2.1.13's infinity flamethrowers". Someone changed the thread's name after the bug was fixed as part of a gag the developers were doing which involved deleting all mentions of 2.1.13 from the website.

That's the 2.1.3 installer, for the record—2.1.13 isn't anywhere in files.srb2.org anymore. I've got the original installer for it, which I would like for it to be downloaded by others in the interest of preservation should this link ever go defunct in the future: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6LllN4bb87jOXVnc2dwZjVZeWc/view?usp=sharing

Although... as elusive as this version might seem like, MI is right; I don't remember any missing objects in multiplayer maps, but there's not much to it outside of the silly-looking flamethrowers. It's exactly the same as 2.1.14 otherwise.

qj5DidH.png

The original title was just "2.1.13's infinity flamethrowers". Someone changed the thread's name after the bug was fixed as part of a gag the developers were doing which involved deleting all mentions of 2.1.13 from the website.

Tbh I think that was mostly just Inuyasha (aka Kaito Sinclaire) doing that gag. Though it was pretty amusing at the time admittedly.

Although... as elusive as this version might seem like, MI is right; I don't remember any missing objects in multiplayer maps, but there's not much to it outside of the silly-looking flamethrowers. It's exactly the same as 2.1.14 otherwise.

Yeah, the missing map thing errors would only have been in the older Match/CTF maps that actually were around when Chaos mode was still a thing and hadn't been changed much since then.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back