Vocaloid Miku Hatsune To Soon Speak English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pointing out, VOCALOIDs LEON, LOLA and MIRIAM have a dropped price to $80, so that's a sign that VOCALOID is starting to get less expensive~

UTAU is good depending on what voice you download. Although, only a few can speak english and it takes more editing work.
The best UTAU so far would be Teto Kasane, who is japanese only.
Best english speaking one would be Aido Feirune.
The problem with finding high quality voices is that anyone can make their own UTAU and Youtube has spammed it with really crappy, half baked quality UTAU.
Also, the way UTAU handles english is a bit extra work. With VOCALOID, you can type in a word and VOCALOID will figure out what the phoneme structure is. For UTAU, if you want to have them say a word like "Friends", you'd have to make separate notes for different syllables and type them in, so friends would be [fr][re][en][d][z] and fit all those notes into the one beat you want. It's just because fans make the voices, so they had to figure out how to make their own english library of all the phonemes of the english language.
If you can, saving up for VOCALOID would be the way to go. Their most guaranteed for high quality (except SONiKA and Lily) and english speaking ones are easier to work with than english speaking UTAU.

Also, something cool they're making, an interactive software where you can talk to Miku. In japanese obviously. But this program is for helping people get around events in japan and stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzQeUTHeEw
Skip to :30 to see Miku.

Last edited:
Anyone mind explaining why welovekyle was permabanned after only one post?
Moderator Notice:
Ban evasion.

Vocaloids, no matter how cheap you become, I shall never buy you, there's just too much work to be done just to make a good song. Nonetheless you are still awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, can anyone help me with UTAU? I'm putting in the syllables, but the voice isn't singing what I input. ...What am I doing wrong..?

The Default voice (Defoko) can only use japanese. As in, not even romaji. YOu need to type in things like あいうえ and お. If you want one with english capabilities, find one to download. There's Camilla Melodia and Aido Feirune for good starts. If that doesn't work, I'll try to help more.
Aido's downloadable here. Place his folder in the 'voice' folder.
http://www.aidofeirune.blogspot.com/

And Miku's over 22,000 in likes! I'm guessing we can easily get enough likes this year!

I don't know who Mike Hitsune Is But i wanna try vocaloid :3
I've got... 2 dollars and 25 cents :P I'mma save for Vocaloid 3 (Hatsune Edition) :P

Agh, a japanese girl that gets translated to english and you atually have to pay for it, no thanks. There are many other singing devices out there, and most of them are even free, combined with my deep hatred to japanese people, I give out a clear no.

Why do you hate japanese people? I could understand hating a person who happens to be japanese, but to just hate japanese people in general, any race in general, why?

Alright! Miku is only about 10,000 likes from getting her english lessons~

Also, this is SO far the best english I've heard Miku sing, and it's still pretty terrible. 8P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSdS26iFga4

Also, this is her Append voice. This makes it so she has different personalities in songs. Heartbroken, happy, loud, that stuff and english Miku will most likely only get her main, normal voice.

Why do you hate japanese people? I could understand hating a person who happens to be japanese, but to just hate japanese people in general, any race in general, why?

They´re way too obsessed with sex, anime sad moments are exaggerately dramatic, most of them have suicidal tendencies, all anime girls are silly, guallible, and ridicously innocent. They have screwed-up ideas for commercials and movies and all actual japanese teens I´ve seen woudn´t stand a chance at a normal high school.

Vocaloid meets some of the characteristics I mentioned, altrough perhaps not all of them.

They´re way too obsessed with sex, anime sad moments are exaggerately dramatic, most of them have suicidal tendencies, all anime girls are silly, guallible, and ridicously innocent. They have screwed-up ideas for commercials and movies and all actual japanese teens I´ve seen woudn´t stand a chance at a normal high school.
This is the most ridiculous and absurd overgeneralization that I've ever seen.
Why are you basing an entire group of people by the media they watch? What you watch could be considered outlandish by them.
They're not "too obsessed with sex" (which is once again stereotyping an enormous group), and moments being "overdramatic" and characters being "silly and 'guallible'" are things that you see just because they're different than you. What you're finding as flaws are what they would consider normal, because they have different standards than you.

And would it kill you to use proper quotation marks?

You and me are going to high-five, right this instant. Except for the whole "people" thing. It's more so the mainstream culture.

You and me are going to high-five, right this instant. Except for the whole "people" thing. It's more so the mainstream culture.

The whole anime/manga obsession isn't the mainstream culture, nor the average person in Japan. Otaku are still the nerds/geeks of the country. It's just that casual anime/manga watching is a lot more prevalent in Japan than in America. And most casual watchers do not get into the things that Sonnarkku mentioned.

Also, must say that I HATE that VOCALOID is part of Otaku culture currently. I'm easily drifting further away from it because of all the mainstream crap. I haven't actual watched an anime in at least a year. I admit I love the style. The characters can be way cute or mega cool, but the way anime works... the story... the characters personality... Some anime are good. Hard to find though, and I don't care enough to search for it. For VOCALOID, while the japanese ones have anime styled characters as their images, the english VOCALOIDs don't even usually have an image. LEON and LOLA are just a pair of lips, and Sweet ANN is just...
sweet-ann.jpg

But she's easily on my top 5 list of VOCALOIDs because of her VOICE.
The illustrations started the popularity though, because it created an actual person under the voice. English companies caught on with VOCALOID SONiKA. They even gave her a twitter account so she seemed like an actual person and that her voice was hers. There is no 'canon' for VOCALOID personalities, and all they are is a picture and a voice.
For Miku, she has a unique voice, as 'cute' as it is. She's sung things that aren't just "OMGKAWAII" anime music. I love rock and metal songs with her used. Favorite is HOPE. Also, a bit... way to metalscreamo for me, but Corpse Attack is like... the opposite of cutesy japanese music and Miku's singing in it. Also, DIARRHEA is some amazing VOCALOUD/metal music. (K. Imma stop just posting random songs. :P) So with her singing in english, more people out of japan might start using her and make better music.

Also, a bit off topic, but the VOCALOID song that's had the most current wave in popularity is 'Matryoshka'. Matryoshka are those russian dolls that you stack inside one another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JGaQ3g8WU4

Last edited:
Would it be ok if I suggested "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" to you? It's actually an original anime that tries to copy western animation style of drawing, and it's pretty damn hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back