Netbombing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this has happen to me before. I was with some friends and we had to jump from server to server cause the same thing was happening to all 4 of us. Eventually one of them blocked the ip and it was cool after that.

Already done. I've even set consfailprotect to like 20 and well, damn, it just spams
CONSISTENCY FAILURE FOR PLAYER "NUMBER" RESTORING...
And the number changes over and over. It gets spammed every millisecond and everyone gets kicked in the end.

Yeah, this has happen to me before. I was with some friends and we had to jump from server to server cause the same thing was happening to all 4 of us. Eventually one of them blocked the ip and it was cool after that.

That screams hacker there Dude.

Already done. I've even set consfailprotect to like 20 and well, damn, it just spams
CONSISTENCY FAILURE FOR PLAYER "NUMBER" RESTORING...
And the number changes over and over. It gets spammed every millisecond and everyone gets kicked in the end.

Then its REALLY bad... It might be the connection but I am not sure...

???'s server was recently attacked and went down, so yeah. This is happening on a bigger scale.

EDIT: "99.144.78.194:5029 *SRB2 HAX* Standard 2.0.6 07-26-2013 23:09:20" was on the MS

I heard about some guy called "SERIAL KILLER" from a lot of people. He joined my server and kicking him seemed to temporarily fix the netbomb thing, but later the ping rose up again. I didn't log his IP or anything because I wasn't expecting it. Anyway, it's odd how their IP shows up on the MS. That basically means it's someone that can host that's accessing MY router.

Thing is though it was lagging when he was present. Kicking him made the lag go straight down for everyone, but later the ping shot back up and he wasn't there. As mentioned above, it was probably a co-incidence, but eh.

Also might as well get this out of the way too, a lot of servers seem to get C-Bombs (My term for everyone C-Failing) every now and then. Irrelevant to this topic but it happens.

EDIT: "99.144.78.194:5029 *SRB2 HAX* Standard 2.0.6 07-26-2013 23:09:20" was on the MS

None of these things have anything to do with the possibility of a denial of service attack. Lag spikes happen, laggy players happen, people name their servers after anything and everything and the aforementioned srb2hax.exe has nothing to do with SRB2 itself and just bogs down a target's internet connect in general, which means that unless you are specifically the target of one and are looking at network traffic, you can't tell it apart from ordinary shoddy internet. When it's happening to someone else, you can't tell it apart from anything at all, because there are a lot more mundane reasons for a server's ping to go up, including bad internet, laggy players, and just about anything else.

As for the admin login thing, presuming that this is accurate and not confused with something else, change the password on your router(with parent's permission, of course). I can't really comment on that since I have so little information on what you're describing, or where you got it, or if you're misquoting something.

But in general? Just calm down. Running in circles and pointing wildly at every little thing doesn't help anyone. That applies to the rest of you, too.

Last edited:
You can also just host privately and tell the people you want to join when your going to host. But don't tell the person who want's to hack you. And lag is lag doesn't mean someone is trying to hack you unless you know for a fact that there are trying to hack you. And even when you put "Blamecfail" in the console there's still gunna consistency fail no matter what. The best way to avoid the hacker is by changing your ip address. It is also best if you don't act like a immature kid (Saying in general not personal). That program is not to be abused in anyway.

Last edited:
"Immature kid" ...What.

Also, my server's ping shot up again. I swear to God it's nothing to do with my connection. :v Gonna try and block the IP like you suggested, however.

"Immature kid" ...What.

Also, my server's ping shot up again. I swear to God it's nothing to do with my connection. :v Gonna try and block the IP like you suggested, however.

Some people on Srb2 act immature and act as if there a troll or a god or something and they don't need anyone or any rules to follow. And some people take comment's offensive and make them want to hack your server and make other Srb2 players quit for good. I act like a troll sometime's too but there are limit's to what I do. Some people don't care for anyone or anything and they don't have limit's to what they say online, they don't care at all. It is best to just act mature and handle the situation in a best way as you can. You can alway's ban them but it won't really do anything. This should not make people quit Srb2 though.

As "Prime 2.0" said:
But in general? Just calm down. Running in circles and pointing wildly at every little thing doesn't help anyone. That applies to the rest of you, too.

This is also what I mean by acting immature. Don't blame people you don't know unless it's a fact you know there hacking you. Just stay calm and think of the best solution to handle this matter. I mean anyone can be hacking you and you wouldn't even noticed.

Last edited:
Burning-Fox is right, I was there when it happen. So it's not his internet connection.

Inbefore 2.0.7

Nah seriously, that's probably someone that hates the community (due to him getting banned from MB etc.).

I did some servers recently on srb2kart (2 players only though) but the ping didn't rise up or anything... I should test it though,just incase.

I suppose I should explain what I've witnessed while playing on the Master Server this week if it'll help this situation in any relevant way. I have been in Burning-Fox's server yesterday with no issues. Suddenly everyone's ping spikes up over 800 which is something unusual or uncommon to when I've played online. I assume this would be caused by your Internet, Burning-Fox, but I may suggest trying to host privately with a few trusted friends to see if such a problem returns. As already mentioned this could be caused by a random laggy player as well due to the fact that if one player lags everyone else does. Though, now I speak the obvious.

However, it seems this player you've mention, "SERIAL KILLER", has been in my friend's server before. A typical 'troll' within the Master Server. I've kicked him numerous times already and I've noticed that after I kick the player the server begins to lag. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but I soon started to notice a trend. This was easily resolved by banning said person and listing him on a ban list. The issue did not occur once again afterwards.

I am unsure as to what this net bombing is, but I have noticed the trend. I do not have any further proof, but a log file of when I was in Burning-Fox's server.

If you feel like you are supposedly being hacked then I suggest once again hosting with your friends privately before you assume an external force is causing your server to lag. It is probably mentioned already that it could be your Internet or router.

Don't blame people you don't know unless it's a fact you know there hacking you. Just stay calm and think of the best solution to handle this matter. I mean anyone can be hacking you and you wouldn't even noticed.

I think I can make it quite clear that it is a fact we are being hacked.

The IP listed here is the one that also appears when this SERIAL KILLER dude joins a server.

ereoth.jpg

I think I can make it quite clear that it is a fact we are being hacked.

The IP listed here is the one that also appears when this SERIAL KILLER dude joins a server.

ereoth.jpg
The fact I see "you got hacked" in the window proves that this "SERIAL KILLER" had been netbombing servers

I swear I thought his IP is 201.51.53.164
He must have alway's change's his IP when he hack's. And that message is creepy.
Was the hack just recent? And how can you even write a message like that? A Hex editor?

Last edited:
So, does the name "SRB2Haax.EXE" sound familiar to any of you people? Perhaps that is the cause of this stuff.

Since this hasn't already been said, if you are currently receiving a denial of service attack(such as was shown in gregory_house's screenshot), contact your Internet Service Provider(IE, Century Link, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, etc.) and inform them of the problem.

Microsoft has a FAQ for this sort of thing here; it doesn't matter if an Xbox is involved or not, the principle is the same.

So, does the name "SRB2Haax.EXE" sound familiar to any of you people? Perhaps that is the cause of this stuff.
Yes, it does. That's what's being used to netbomb servers. Ash spread it around a long time ago. The program itself isn't really that new. It's been around for a while. Only recently has srb2haxx become a problem as more and more people get it.

Also @ that image gregory_house posted: I find that kinda creepy o-o

I tried Prime's solution on the first page by firewalling that IP they gave, and haven't had a problem since. I think you should try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back