Suggestions

Well, we all know SRB2 is more than capable of using afterimages (Eggman uses them for example) and sometimes seeing the spheres being used as a spin trail can get a bit bland. How about instead of replacing the spheres with spin and thok afterimages like some modded exes used to, why not just make a console command that replaces the default spin and thok item with afterimages? (Ex: Afterimage on & Afterimage off)

Get rid of those path emblems.

They look ugly as hell, don't make sense as part of the level(completely breaks immersion), are contrary to the feel of classic sonic(and are more characteristic of Sonic Heroes, in fact), and are completely unnecessary, as it is very easy to figure out which way each character is supposed to go.

Instead of a REDWALL being used as the place-holder for an invalid texture, can you make it something like Half-life 2's Pink and Black checkered texture? That way, it's easier to navigate in rooms that have invalid textures. Because you can't see crap with the flat Red.

With all the errors popping up in certain maps(Lack of springs in RVZ1 shortcut, fallen Rare Monitor in Nimbus Ruins, ect), perhaps split up srb2.wad, and have each map in it's own individual file so that people don't have to redownload +100 MB for each minor update correcting those mistakes?

Get rid of those path emblems.

They look ugly as hell, don't make sense as part of the level(completely breaks immersion), are contrary to the feel of classic sonic(and are more characteristic of Sonic Heroes, in fact), and are completely unnecessary, as it is very easy to figure out which way each character is supposed to go.

Kind of disagree.
If I were new, I would drive Tails straight into the right path. I probably wouldn't notice that those are 2 character paths.

Yes, the emblems look ugly.

And then you would lose a single life. But you're in Eggrock, everything in there is going to take at least one life out of you. Knowing not to try that again, you would then quickly look for another way around. You could expect to lose one as sonic the first time going through there as well, so it's not like that's particularly unfair.

Really though, here's a question you have to ask yourself: Why the hell was there a no sonic emblem, in a place where he is completely incapable of reaching?

And then you would lose a single life. But you're in Eggrock, everything in there is going to take at least one life out of you. Knowing not to try that again, you would then quickly look for another way around.

You're implying that trial-and-error processes that make you lose lives for no good reason is a positive thing.
I see no reason to have a player lose a life because of something they couldn't see and react to.

The areas like these are why I don't like the level.

Titanium said:
With all the errors popping up in certain maps(Lack of springs in RVZ1 shortcut, fallen Rare Monitor in Nimbus Ruins, ect), perhaps split up srb2.wad, and have each map in it's own individual file so that people don't have to redownload +100 MB for each minor update correcting those mistakes

Or you can download the 26MB of 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 exe for the fun of it. :D

And then you would lose a single life. But you're in Eggrock, everything in there is going to take at least one life out of you. Knowing not to try that again, you would then quickly look for another way around. You could expect to lose one as sonic the first time going through there as well, so it's not like that's particularly unfair.

Really though, here's a question you have to ask yourself: Why the hell was there a no sonic emblem, in a place where he is completely incapable of reaching?

Then remove the No sonic emblem?

You're implying that trial-and-error processes that make you lose lives for no good reason is a positive thing.
I see no reason to have a player lose a life because of something they couldn't see and react to.

You can see the crushers and the red/black warning stripes, and you can see that there is a high ledge that tails can get to. Combine this with the knux path branch just before it, and an observant player could easily make the right choice on the first try. A cautious tails player would definitely not fall prey to the crushers.

You can see the crushers and the red/black warning stripes, and you can see that there is a high ledge that tails can get to.
The very first thing I thought was that yellow was harmless and red would kill you. Isn't exactly second nature.

Combine this with the knux path branch just before it, and an observant player could easily make the right choice on the first try. A cautious tails player would definitely not fall prey to the crushers.
When did Tails and Knuckles mean anything when it comes to difficulty that isn't speed-based crusher segments?

Turning off Maces' sound effect

By checking Object Special flag, the Maces' sound effect is turned off. I discovered if you set up more than 4 or 6 spinning maces close each other, it will cause a huge lag in the game.

Auto-move servers in the Casual room with known RP/Hangout WADs added(house*.wad, swimmingpool.wad) into a special subroom so you don't have to sift through all the hangout garbage to find a good Shards game.

Auto-move servers in the Casual room with known RP/Hangout WADs added(house*.wad, swimmingpool.wad) into a special subroom so you don't have to sift through all the hangout garbage to find a good Shards game.
AFAIK, Shards goes into Standard.

MS rules said:
Standard Room Rules:
3) Do not use this room if you are intending to play using a custom or non-official gametype.

As a new mode added in an EXE mod, Shards qualifies as a non-offical gametype.

If it isn't... well, that gives us a perfectly valid reason to FINALLY start using GCC.

A couple users have reported that using Alam's build, SRB2 2.0.5 ran 100% better. So...
Use whatever this GCC thing is...

Silly Mecha, Shards isn't even supported in 2.0.5 yet, because Inuyasha hasn't released XSRB2 for it. Anyway...

• Multiple server admins. I'm tired of multiple people warring over who gets to be verified.
  • "Voiced" people in servers, similar to IRC, if the chat is muted, they can talk.
  • A deverify command to go with the multiple admin thing.

Have a Joystick Axis sensitivity or look speed option similar to mouse look speed instead of having one default speed.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back