WHAT ABOUT RAILS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to use ring dash for a rail. :| You just need to look in to using almost like a speed pad like sector on the rail, then you will grind on the rail. :D Look in the Sonic riders mod topic for a better description.

This is SRB2. We intend to emulate the classic Sonic games. There are no rails, and for that matter, no light dash in the main part of SRB2. You wanna make ridiculous lightdash chains for weird effects, feel free, but we just added lightdash to prove that technical issues is not the reason we do not include it in the game.

I assure you, though, that real grinding will never be included in SRB2. It was always kinda pointless, and would require more sprites to create, so it's not going to happen.

Agreeing with Mystic here, rails were added in SA2 to advertise SOAP shoes. =P

Mystic said:
This is SRB2. We intend to emulate the classic Sonic games. There are no rails, and for that matter, no light dash in the main part of SRB2. You wanna make ridiculous lightdash chains for weird effects, feel free, but we just added lightdash to prove that technical issues is not the reason we do not include it in the game.

I assure you, though, that real grinding will never be included in SRB2. It was always kinda pointless, and would require more sprites to create, so it's not going to happen.
There are loops in it though.

O_O I see you don't see the point, but I'd expect loops more than slopes/rail animations and rails.

There are also slopes in the classic games. However, the classic games are not running under the Doom engine, so we can't easily do that. Loops are not possible. Slopes are possible but very hard.

We aren't out to recreate Sonic Adventure. We're out to recreate the fun of S2 and S3K in 3D. While cloning Sonic Adventure would just be playing Sonic Adventure again, basing it off the classic games allows for an original experience and something new that hasn't been seen before. Why would you want another Sonic Adventure game anyhow? What other features would we add into SRB2 if we did? An intentionally awful camera?

It should also be noted that while SRB2 "tries to emulate the classic games", it's also intended as a sequel, meaning some things may be different or certain things missing, just like when you compare Sonic CD to Sonic 1, Sonic 2 to Sonic CD, Sonic 3 to Sonic 2, etc.

That one guy who is making the slope-compatible SRB2 has nice code already. If he finishes it, you could use it in 1.1. Loops are just specially designed slopes, so if you can get curved slopes, you have loops.

Actually, walls, would either require a md2 that uses the glide frame for the wall walking animation or a sprite that does that, if not someone will have to figure a way to make a character was specially designed for a loop, I'd highly doubt it to work though.

Why wouldn't running on walls be possible? All you gotta do is hack up the climbing code. ;P

Yah, I remmember trying that out in 1.08 :D sort of wierd and sslow though.I KNEW I COULD ACTUALLY bE SMART! :D

Shuffle said:
Why wouldn't running on walls be possible? All you gotta do is hack up the climbing code. ;P

is it possible to hack the gliding code, so your able to start climbing right when you touch the wall? like, on the ground?

Duh, why didn't I think of that. Give it a similar conditional to SS float, so you can only run on walls while running, have you go into it when running into a wall from a slope (once that slope code's finished), and... uh... well that's pretty much it.

So combine the slope code, the anti-gravity code, and that run on walls code, and we have potintial for really hard to make loops.

Draykon said:
So combine the slope code, the anti-gravity code, and that run on walls code, and we have potintial for really hard to make loops.
uh.. what about in 2D mode?

Mystic said:

I like how people enjoyed the old school sonic games but come on, you said they are pointless, nobody will make it.. wrong.

putting in rails will make the game more interactive and fun. And there isnt really gonna be that much sprites anyways..

and besides the game is suppposed to support old school sonic mechanics right? then how come there is no loops? why did they add the homing attack and lightdash?

im glad how people are trying to update SRB2.
adding to the game makes it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back