Suggestions

Why not try speeding up Knuckles' glide acceleration? How would that affect things in match and single player? Would Sonic still be less of a compelling character to play as?

Why not try speeding up Knuckles' glide acceleration? How would that affect things in match and single player? Would Sonic still be less of a compelling character to play as?

In my opinion

In match its already really hard to hit knuckles (with a rail) as he is gliding at his fastest speed, so making him accel faster in gliding terms would be even harder to hit and just generally a nuisance to sonic players.

In single player though it wouldnt really make a difference.

He already does that.

Also:

As a matter of fact, I've been very recently debating making a "merge request" on the source code repository for (subjectively) better controller (and mouse) support for menus.
Specifically, when using an X-Input (XBox-style) controller/a PlayStation controller (emulated into an X-Input controller)/a mouse...
- A/Cross/Left mouse button is used to confirm
- B/Circle/Right mouse button to cancel
- Y/Triangle/Middle mouse click to do the same as backspace (delete saves, blank out controls, etcetera)

However, I haven't made a way to open the menu using a controller, but even then, for my relatively essential configuration, only the B button is completely free during gameplay, and using that to open a pause menu seems... very silly and out-of-place.
I have tested my code changes (which is more than just changing the virtual key remappings), and it does seem to work pretty well, although I haven't tested it out 100%.
...As for making jump/spin universally confirm/cancel for menus, while I can see how that might be useful to some people for some reasons, I can also see a few issues with it, all in all weighing out to be pretty neutral-ish if the user knows what they are doing, and pretty bad if the user doesn't.

I'm pretty sure we'd love to have a look at your code. I'd personally say it should go right in immediately but I'm not sure what would happen if the back-in-menu key was bound to jump or something like that, and it would probably be wise to plan for that eventuality.

I'm pretty sure we'd love to have a look at your code. I'd personally say it should go right in immediately but I'm not sure what would happen if the back-in-menu key was bound to jump or something like that, and it would probably be wise to plan for that eventuality.
Just to be extra clear: The buttons I have in my "enhanced menu support" for controllers/mouse is still just as hard-coded as the escape/enter/backspace keys.
I was simply listing issues with having set-up-able menu controls if I had made set-up-able menu controls. Although I guess there's no reason for me to not look into making menu controls set-up-able (while keeping the normal stuff hardcoded).
But if you (or someone else) still want(s) to look at it while I start making set-up-able changes, here. It works for me, but I would rather not have it be merged into official branches, due to the hastily slapped-on way I made it. I plan on making the set-up-able way so the different menu controls can not be mapped to the same keys, don't worry, but we'll see how it goes.

Pressing spin after jumping from a spring turns the player back into a spinball and can use their special action again. This helps keep games fast.

For me

Knuckles glide acceleration is already good enough like MK said to dodge some shots.
Knuckles can get the upper hand to shoot since he shoots faster than Sonic and Tails.

I dont fully agree with this in terms of balance in CTF and Match modes
What about second abilities with this like a double jump for all the characters with tails having highest and sonic having the lowest, and a fly cancel for Tails.

What about second abilities with this like a double jump for all the characters with tails having highest and sonic having the lowest, and a fly cancel for Tails.

Well sonic is technically geting a second ablitiy, Insta shield, but the idea of a second ability sounds good. As long as they are balanced im ok with it.

inb4 MotorRoach said that FSonic's gameplay was not for 2.2 , though having the instashield and dashmode and nerfing the thok might balance sonic's gameplay

Add Voxel support, So we can make Semi-3D Rings and TVs that work on both Software and OpenGL modes, This would be pretty cool .

inb4 MotorRoach said that FSonic's gameplay was not for 2.2 , though having the instashield and dashmode and nerfing the thok might balance sonic's gameplay
We've said multiple times that:

• Fsonic's gameplay is not replacing vanilla Sonic's in 2.2
  • TailsCD is not replacing vanilla Tails
  • Knuckles isn't getting another new set of sprites
and yet every five posts in this topic, someone still assumes that at least one of the above is true.

maybe someone should put a disclaimer in the OP

probably wouldn't get rid of all of those comments, but

Sonic isn't getting the instashield. Where did you get that idea?

a5e8626126.gif

I'm pretty sure MotorRoach confirmed that fsonic will be 2.2 sonic.

Last edited:
Oh boy, I can't wait to see Fsonic's gameplay in 2.2, as well as TailsCD's sprites for Tails. And is Knuckles getting another new set of sprites? Because that'd be cool.

i want to repeat my suggestion of making the Use1UpSound maincfg parameter into a console command instead

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back