Loads of random edits to the game; Draykserv.soc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8n4y7f

Many of you may have seen an old beta of this on SRB2FFH2. What this basically is is a bunch of random SOCced stuff thrown together. Here's a rough, and probably incomplete list:

Smoke actually rises, rather than just sitting there.

Thokking leaves a trail of energy, rather than a single orb. (Yes, I stole this off Flame)

When you hit a spring, you do single frontflip before falling. (No, Flame stole this off me)

Ideya SuperSonic leaves a PPGZ-style energy trail as he flies.

All of the shields but Armageddon and Liquid are modified. The new names are: "S3K Electron Shield", "Smokescreen Shield", and "White Ring"

Redrings work on SuperSonic (Though there's really no way to go super in match, yet)

In the future I intend to update this SOC with modified bosses (But I want more than a cheap speed boost), mods to the other two shields, and probably other stuff.

Once again the download link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8n4y7f

I'm too lazy to post screenshots, so you can live without them.

Edit: Thanks to SMS for reuploading it in my time of laziness.

Ah, seems fun. Everything is more realistic and sometimes even more Sonic-like. Hm....might wanna start a SuperSonic match now. Mind you, there still is a way. Oh, and I see you're still crazy about PPGZ. You're probably watching the non-subbed episodes too, right?

One of the only negative things I can say is I'm all that looking forward to the boss modifications. Really, boss-change SOCs are the second most-apearing SOCs these days, the most apearing type of SOC being a timer SOC.

Draykon said:
Thokking leaves a trail of energy, rather than a single orb. (Yes, I stole this off Flame)

Hey! You're right! I was working on this in my FlameServ.soc (Soon to be released, yay) before I heard you were adding this in your SOC.
Eh, I guess I had this coming, seeing as I used your little Flip jump thing for my Flame the hedgehog character wad. (By the way, I tried this and the animation is messed up for it, you should have A_SetTics somewhere in there :wink: )

Other than that, I think this is a nice set of things in a SOC.

This is cool but when I got the white bubbble I couldn't see it and when I spin dashed with the fire bubble the trails were everywhere.Are you going to fix those when you updaye?

DanteEX said:
This is cool but when I got the white bubbble I couldn't see it and when I spin dashed with the fire bubble the trails were everywhere.Are you going to fix those when you updaye?

Do you pay attention? The White Ring isn't a shield, it gives you fifty rings.

And yeah, that's why the red shield is now called the Smokescreen Shield. Put simply, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

But yeah, first post updated with SMS' link.

It's a crappy thing that changes the length of time things last such as invinciblity and Tails fly.

Draykon said:
Put simply, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

As with many of the things in my Flameserv.soc

Seriously, what is with you people and thinking these features are either overpowered or bugs?

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Seriously, what is with you people and thinking these features are either overpowered or bugs?
They probably didn't read what each of the new additions do. They just dicide that a wad looks neat so they try it without reading a thing. Then they think they have found a bug that was stated not to be a bug.

OK, this might just be me, but an overpower is something like...
Never-ending Invinciblaty
Never-ending double jumps
One hit kills eggman/you
Stupidly fast speedshoes
Effects of armogedan sheild always on
Never die (God Mode)
Ringpatches (You stand in a sertain area and your rings go up)
Crazyfast thoking
never-ending flight/glide

Thats all I can think of right now!

No idea what that has to do with the matter at hand.

Anyways, I've decided what to do on the Armageddon and Liquid shields, and I've already implimented the changes to the Eggmobile. Now I know I'll regret saying this, but I'm still unsure what to do for the Egg Slimer (And I refuse to lazily change what he spews out) Any suggestions?

Is it possable to make it so Eggman will take any random path around the area? That could make it so you don't just stand in one spot and attack him. I also though about maybe making him shot slime below him when he jumps. Just to make a few suggestions.

he could spew out enemies for 105 ticcs, then fly around for about 350 ticcs then shoot put missiles while still flying?

Fish hook said:
he could spew out enemies for 105 ticcs, then fly around for about 350 ticcs then shoot put missiles while still flying?
He said he didn't want to lazily make him spew out items. Also, allowing him to fire missiles is something that has been done a hundred times over. I don't think Draykon wan't something as simple as that for his Soc... or does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back