Recent content by Rolly Polly Pal

  1. Rolly Polly Pal

    The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd

    Got this crash when joining a vanilla server with no mods in it. I also haven't been able to host properly using the holepunch system ("From curl_easy_perform: Could not resolve host: ds.ms.srb2.org") but I've chalked that up to something weird with my internet provider.
  2. Rolly Polly Pal

    Mine Maze Zone Collab

    Act 11 :oh:
  3. Rolly Polly Pal

    [Port] Eggman way 5: The Metal Flood

    glad to see this underrated gem finally have an official release. Hats off to you!
  4. Rolly Polly Pal

    Troubles with gate textures/flats

    Yes generally you do not wanna be using flats as wall textures, at least in my experience. Don't know if that's changed in UDMF I haven't dabbled with it too much.
  5. Rolly Polly Pal

    Troubles with gate textures/flats

    Two questions off the top of my head: Is there actually any sector on the other side of that wall? Is the graphic you're using a texture or a flat? My Zone Builder expertise is rusty but something tells me it might be the latter because you shouldn't need to do that for a midtexture.
  6. Rolly Polly Pal

    So, I've made my map layout and even added music!... what now?

    It's been a while since I've dabbled in map editing but I'm pretty sure you need to set Level Select to a value greater than 0 in the Level Header. For the Level Select Icon, I suggest following this tutorial.
  7. Rolly Polly Pal

    The Story of Uncapped Revengence Discord the 3rd

    Return of the king...
  8. Rolly Polly Pal

    Empty Servers recently

    I am not really in any position to comment on the state of the community right now, but all I can really say is this: It has been almost 6 years since the last major of version of SRB2 released, and the pace at which updates have come out has slowed quite a bit (I remember back when the norm was...
  9. Rolly Polly Pal

    Suggestions for Zone Builder before I start

    Do not be afraid to copy other peoples' homework when it comes to adding stuff to your own maps. Obviously I don't mean "literally copy these setpieces and elements and place them into your own levels", but if a level you've played, be it vanilla or from someone else, does something you think is...
  10. Rolly Polly Pal

    Happy New Year!

    New screenshots are awesome. Hope this means that 2.3 is coming in the somewhat near future (not this year, but perhaps within the next year or two). The bonus level certainly intrigues me and I'm curious to find out what it is.
  11. Rolly Polly Pal

    Official Level Design Collab 2024: Round 1

    Didn't have time to play all of the levels in this one but most of the ones I did didn't wow me too much: Sorry I didn't have much more positive to say. I'm sure the rest of the levels are decent but I don't have the time anymore to comb through every single level in a pack as massive as this...
  12. Rolly Polly Pal

    Peace Out

    An absolute GOAT. Your mapping tutorial was absolutely indispensable to me and helped get me into modding this game back in the early days of 2.2, and the work you did for both the OLDC and Ring Racers cannot be understated. You always made an effort to be a positive face of the community and I...
  13. Rolly Polly Pal

    [Open Assets] Crazy's Badnik Pack

    Not to be too critical of your upload but I think the page needs some work. Since this is supposed to be an open assets submission meant for other creators to borrow and implement into their mods, I think it's somewhat crucial to give proper info on them and that isn't really the case here...
  14. Rolly Polly Pal

    Adobe Valley Zone - A scrapped Sonic Overture level concept, translated into SRB2

    I'm still working on it. Progress has been slow especially with other non-SRB2 related projects taking up my time but I'm trying to find time for it.
  15. Rolly Polly Pal

    Is there a way to add idle animations to kart racers?

    The vibration effect is actually its own individual sprite, so if you poked your head in the character wad with SLADE I'm sure you'd be able to figure out what sprites to replace (and, following the formatting, add even more frames). That said, I think you'd need to do this for more than just...
Back
Top