Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Kingdom Valley! My most favorite level in SRB2.
I also like Mystic Realm Zone too! :P

Favorite Level: Egg Rock Zone
Why: Its the longest and most challenging level in the game

Least Favorite: Deep Sea Zone
Why: Even though most of the classic Sonic games had water levels like Labyrinth Zone I never really liked them too much.(Its not like I suck at DSZ, I just dislike water levels in general)

Last edited:
Favorite Level: Egg Rock Zone
Why: Its the longest and most challenging level in the game

Least Favorite: Deep Sea Zone
Why: Even though most of the classic Sonic games had water levels like Labyrinth Zone I never really liked them too much.(Its not like I suck at DSZ, I just dislike water levels in general)

I want to commend you for not being one of those people that will say they like the hardest level and hate the easiest because the hardest level is hard and the easiest is easy. (That's such a black and white view of video games.)

On-topic, I hate ERZ (This right for Eggrock?) slightly less now that I figured out the crushers but I still die on every puzzle, It really is the hardest level. XD

Favorite: the lava place. because in my first time playing it, it was wicked fun as tails.
Least: I would have to say te canyon place. there's a art that throws you off course (or at least me).

Favorite: the lava place. because in my first time playing it, it was wicked fun as tails.
Least: I would have to say te canyon place. there's a art that throws you off course (or at least me).

I think you mean:

Best: Red Volcano Zone (that my second favorite level)
Worst: Arid Canyon Zone (is a good zone but very hard for Sonic and its easy to get lost)

I think you mean:

Best: Red Volcano Zone (that my second favorite level)
Worst: Arid Canyon Zone (is a good zone but very hard for Sonic and its easy to get lost)

I agree with him, it's very easy to get lost. But it's expansive, and since it's a bit later in the game, getting lost is understandable.

God, how I LOVE Icicle Falls. That map always builds my adrenaline up with the music and fast action pace game. Besides people spamming bomb's and such, I find that to be the best map I've ever played, in my opinion.

My worst would be Castle Eggman, both levels. It's a horrible level, very open though. There are some con and pro's, but they're pretty obvious and I'm assuming many of you know them.

My favorite levels would be Icicle Falls Zone and Neo Aerial Garden Zone. I sort of like Frozen Night Zone, but just to 'practice' my thokking. My least favorite would be both Castle Eggman Zone acts, although I'm aware that it isn't finished. I also dislike Spring Hill Zone.

Ironically, as I'm sitting here and contemplating posting, I realized that I'm probably never going to play SRB2 again. I might go back and resurrect a map I'm specifically yearning for, but that's not going to happen often. So I'm posting from memories I have.

I have very bad memories with ERZ. Not for being difficult, exactly. A few months back I was just so intensely thirsty for adrenaline and I was trying to get it from ERZ. Eventually it just broke down into using the same strategies over and over again through the same old parts over and over. I didn't really get any adrenaline and my deaths came off as stupid mistakes instead of as a result of a strategic error. That and I was listening to J-Pop, not that that's important... ?

If I have a particular stage in the default SRB2 rotation I have GOOD memories with... Well that's a tough one. nAGZ maybe?

BlueZero4, that's how action games WORK. The first few times through a stage you get a lot of adrenaline because you don't really know what's coming and each corner has a new danger to figure out and overcome. After a while, though, you memorize the stage and it becomes less about danger and more about refining it and being able to do it quickly without mistakes.

This is true about every action game. My first time through all the Touhou extra stages I've beaten has been a complete adrenaline rush. After the boss is down my heart is beating insanely quickly and I'm breathing heavily. Nowadays I can do the same stage easily (as I've memorized it) and I receive no adrenaline rush at all. It's about executing a plan I already know.

If you're looking for something to get your heart beating quickly and give you a rush, replaying old stages is NOT the way to do it. No stage in existence in any game can continue to provide that rush after the first few clears.

Favorite Stages: Arid Canyon Zone, Techno Hill Zone Act 2, Castle Eggman Zone, Deep Sea Zone
Least Favorite: Greenflower Zone & Eggrock Zone but thats only cause I keep hitting the electric walls.

The only level i have been known what i like about is, Eggrock 1.

It is the best level i have been playing when i first got into the next stage Level.

Like: Neo Aerial Garden Zone

First off, this level is huge. It took nearly forever to finish it as KNUCKLES. (However Tails makes it much quicker, 'cause he's OP'ed like that.) Not only is it long AND huge, but it's a very difficult level, which is a great challenge and is fun for the experts. I would give this 10/10 if I could.

Hate: Deep Sea Zone

I don't hate the level because it's annoying. (Which it isn't.) But mostly because it has a somewhat slow pace to it compared to most other levels. That, and I don't like drowning. :(

Hate: Deep Sea Zone

I don't hate the level because it's annoying. (Which it isn't.) But mostly because it has a somewhat slow pace to it compared to most other levels. That, and I don't like drowning. :(

What slows you down is probably running underwater.

After enough plays, the player would memorize all the changes as well. This is just an inherent truth in games that it will become less stressful once you've memorized it.

Some games use random stages entirely, and those end up with a different kind of skill taking over, but doing that in SRB2 would be pretty insanely difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back