Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After enough plays, the player would memorize all the changes as well. This is just an inherent truth in games that it will become less stressful once you've memorized it.

Some games use random stages entirely, and those end up with a different kind of skill taking over, but doing that in SRB2 would be pretty insanely difficult.

Not to mention pointless. I think the game has enough replayability, or as much as you can cram into it.

I also edited the first post in case people were confused about my meaning.

I don't think it would be worth it, but a built-in random level generator that actually produced playable stages would be pretty badass, IMO, especially in match. They exist for Doom already, but making Doom stages randomly is far easier than SRB2, and the Doom random generators aren't all that great anyways.

This is just more of a "extremely hard and not worth it" thing, not a "that would suck" thing.

Galefox said:
If you press the eye, there are two routes from there: There's one I took the first four times because the second one spelled suicide to me (getting to that) where you're in a room woth those winged Espeon statue things that you can move around, there's these crushers off to a side and if you place a statue under them they don't fall all the way, which is pointless since it still kills you when you walk under it, but there are two of them that extent the long hallway and there's no way I saw to avoid it, there's also some springs that are, of course, useless.
There is a solution to the problem you're having with that snake button route.
With the crusher you have to charge your spindash to maximum and when you come to the turning jump and thok right. This all has to be done quickly and with precise timing and ignore the statues which are meant to keep the crusher from killing you.
i'll have to post my hated/loved srb2 level later because i'm going to bed

I don't think it would be worth it, but a built-in random level generator that actually produced playable stages would be pretty badass, IMO, especially in match. They exist for Doom already, but making Doom stages randomly is far easier than SRB2, and the Doom random generators aren't all that great anyways.

This is just more of a "extremely hard and not worth it" thing, not a "that would suck" thing.

For match, sure, for single player, no, since it's alot easier to find secrets with a designated route. Not to mention less of a pain in the ass.

But for match or some co-op, sure, that sounds like a good ides, but it does take away the advantage of knowing the environment, unless that's the point.

With the crusher you have to charge your spindash to maximum and when you come to the turning jump and thok right. This all has to be done quickly and with precise timing and ignore the statues which are meant to keep the crusher from killing you.
i'll have to post my hated/loved srb2 level later because i'm going to bed

But I'm using Tails which means no thok.

You guys are clearly failing at the puzzle. You can get the statues to protect you from the crusher if you're clever. It requires no fast reflexes at all.

You guys are clearly failing at the puzzle. You can get the statues to protect you from the crusher if you're clever. It requires no fast reflexes at all.

Tried putting a statue under it, and it still crushed me when I walked under even though the statue was underneath.

I'm guessing we need more statues under it...

It would help if the puzzle would let us. Half the time the floor under the statue drops when I'm trying to put it on top of the other one, making it impossible to stack.

I didn't know you could stack the statues. Probably would've never figured that out, too.
Actually I did manage to stack the statues by pushing them into one of the springs the room. If you do this with all statues you will have a stack of four but I never managed to move them to block that crusher and Galefox if you want solving that puzzle to be worth it then tail's emblem is not at the end of the corridor so...proceed with the level as normal?
spiritcrusher said:
That's Knuckles' puzzle actually. Also, just spindash into the Gargoyle.
Wait it's knuckle's puzzle? I could have sworn I collected the emblem as sonic...
Mystic said:
then in that case I "cheated"
I said:
I will tell you my loved/hated level tomorrow
I like deep sea zone but maybe thats just for the fact the musics nice
Egg rock zone was a good challenge
greenflower...not as much as the other two.

Last edited:
Wait it's knuckle's puzzle? I could have sworn I collected the emblem as sonic...
No, there's two of these puzzles, one to the left and one to the right. You are talking about Sonic's emblem, which is to the left, but glaber was clearly talking about Knuckles' puzzle to the right.

Deep Sea does have some nice music...

Bah, that level feels like it's trying to kill me. If I want a level that hates my very existence, I'll go play the last level on Sonic CD. XD

I wish there could be a challenging (not hard, but challenging and varied) forest level on SRB2. I liked the Mystic Realm mod because it had one such level, though it was repetitive and bland at best, but it wasn't the first damn level in the game!

Seems like a stereotype with Sonic, the first level must always be pretty to look at or have alot of nature or be a beach. The last level stereotype makes much more sense, I think the only two games to break that stereotype were SA2 and Advanced 3.

I wish there could be a challenging (not hard, but challenging and varied) forest level on SRB2. I liked the Mystic Realm mod because it had one such level, though it was repetitive and bland at best, but it wasn't the first damn level in the game!

Dah dah-dah! Castle Eggman Zone, Act 1 to the rescue!

Seems like a stereotype with Sonic, the first level must always be pretty to look at or have alot of nature or be a beach. The last level stereotype makes much more sense, I think the only two games to break that stereotype were SA2 and Advanced 3.

Breaking the usual level order is exactly what I want to see in some future Sonic game, either official or fan-made. That's one of the reasons why I admire Spinball so much.

Dah dah-dah! Castle Eggman Zone, Act 1 to the rescue!

Breaking the usual level order is exactly what I want to see in some future Sonic game, either official or fan-made. That's one of the reasons why I admire Spinball so much.

Castle Eggman Zone is a shitty forest level, there's barely any trees, everything looks dead, the music is misfitting and it gives off an evil feel. Ever see that forest fortress mod? Something like that. That level was brilliant.

Yeah, the usual 'first level' gets old, and what really gets old is that every other level is random in it's order and theme, but that first level always has to be the same.

Castle Eggman Zone is a shitty forest level, there's barely any trees, everything looks dead, the music is misfitting and it gives off an evil feel.

When did CEZ become a forest? As far as I know, the first act is outside Eggman's castle and the second one is inside it. It's a bit of a forest level because the first act has mostly trees and forest-y stuff.

When did CEZ become a forest? As far as I know, the first act is outside Eggman's castle and the second one is inside it. It's a bit of a forest level because the first act has mostly trees and forest-y stuff.

Well it's not a good enough forest level. Look, I think everyone knows what I'm talking about so this argument is pointless.

A real forest that looks like the first level of any Sonic game, pretty and teeming with life, but plays like the 3rd or 4th.

The forest in CEZ1 would entirely miss its point if it was full of life, don't you think? It is supposed to have that exact "evil feel" that you complained about. Also, it has quite a lot of trees.

Uh, I thought Castle Eggman Zone was based off a Castle, not a forest. If it was, wouldn't it be Eggman's Forest Zone or some Blasphemy like that?

Edit: Regardless, CEZ1 is a castle entrance that's somewhat filled with forest, but the overall structure feels Castley to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back