Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimism is a good thing...it can be removed if you hang around a lot of pessimists, though.

Well I'm assuming optimism is a good thing, as I'm an utter pessimist in almost every way. And yeah, ACZ is pretty cool, probably second or third place on my list. But those flying bad guys annoy me

Well I'm assuming optimism is a good thing, as I'm an utter pessimist in almost every way. And yeah, ACZ is pretty cool, probably second or third place on my list. But those flying bad guys annoy me

Yeah...but the best way to stop those is actually the same as nerfing crawla commanders: spin in place, especially if you know exactly where they're going to be.

Yeah...but the best way to stop those is actually the same as nerfing crawla commanders: spin in place, especially if you know exactly where they're going to be.

I do try to do that most of the time, heh. The problem is when I'm on one of those things you hold onto that move along the rails (you know?) and I hear one coming... damn!

I do try to do that most of the time, heh. The problem is when I'm on one of those things you hold onto that move along the rails (you know?) and I hear one coming... damn!

I'm guessing you're talking about the part near the end? I burned a few lives there the first few times when I did that stage, but now I love that part. It does suck when one of those things comes by at the critical moment, although a good fix for that is when you hear them coming, jump in place and it'll sail right under you. I wouldn't recommend this when you're near the end of one of the lines, though.

I guess my favorite Special Stage is Special Stage 5.(2.0) It just seems fun to me. The Special Stage I hate the MOST is Special Stage 7 (2.0) I still can't seem to get past it. :/

And so many people on this thread say CEZ is unfinished...I'm surprised no one has said anything about BMZ. I know it isn't exactly an official level but it was supposed to be, right?

I guess my favorite Special Stage is Special Stage 5.(2.0) It just seems fun to me. The Special Stage I hate the MOST is Special Stage 7 (2.0) I still can't seem to get past it. :/

And so many people on this thread say CEZ is unfinished...I'm surprised no one has said anything about BMZ. I know it isn't exactly an official level but it was supposed to be, right?

I'm still not entirely familiar with the acronyms... what's BMZ?

Actually, it is an official level, it's just largely unfinished. I'm guessing the reason that it wasn't mentioned is because it's so unfinished, that no one decides to draw attention to it. It's going to be finished in future versions, though (so I've read).

@Wills: BMZ is Blue Mountain Zone. You can only get to it by console command. I forget what map number it is, though.

I see, just been and had a look at it. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't count though; you can finish it in like 4 seconds, and the only other bit to it is a small alcove accessible by Knuckles or Tails with an extra life monitor.

Actually, it is an official level, it's just largely unfinished. I'm guessing the reason that it wasn't mentioned is because it's so unfinished, that no one decides to draw attention to it. It's going to be finished in future versions, though (so I've read).

Yeah, probably...I wonder what it will be like when it's finished. IF, of course, they finish it.

I see, just been and had a look at it. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't count though; you can finish it in like 4 seconds, and the only other bit to it is a small alcove accessible by Knuckles or Tails with an extra life monitor.

Well, it's only that short because it's unfinished. It's supposed to be the "second act" to Red Volcano Zone.

"Options" will immediately default select you on "Setup Controls...", which is an options menu that lets you set the keys to whatever you want. It's also defaulted to have keys that would be recognizable to most players.

Maybe it's not natural for you, but it worked fine for everyone else. I don't see a reason to change things for one person.

I don't see a reason to make such a blunt and unrealistic assumption.

I don't understand the first part of your post, either.

Yeah, probably...I wonder what it will be like when it's finished. IF, of course, they finish it.

That actually sounds like a fun level, I'm going to go see it now.

Last edited:
My least favorite map is probably CEZ1. I don't think we had that great of a theme for it to start with.

Oh. Well, it seems like it will be fun when it's finished.

You can play it by typing MAP MAP17 in the console.

Cool, thanks.

Also I didn't mind Castle Eggman, except the lag, and that the second zone is a bit gray, and I get lost in it... There isn't much to go on and it seems like it's got several rooms for nothing but fighting enemies.

As for the first zone... It doesn't feel as complete as the other levels but I'm not very good at design, so I really don't know what you could do to it, although there is this strange part at the beginning.

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be there, and it doesn't bother me that it is, but the only indication of a new path at the end of the path that circles around the starting point is a ledge several feet below, I'm not sure if I was supposed to do this or not, but I spun in place and just jumped the distance from the dead end to the new path.

Are we supposed to do that or is that cheating? I was only confused by it because it's not the usual for a Sonic game, (even the classics) so I wasn't sure if I did something wrong. (I do like to go the right way before I start cheating in a level. Helps me cheat better. >:D) I'm not suggesting changing it though, if it is the right way, because it doesn't bother me. (and flying down as Tails is fun...)

Well, GFZ1 would probably have to be my least favorite map, on account of how incredibly easy it is. As for favorite, my vote goes to ERZ2.

I like all the levels, but if I had to choose one, the one I dislike would be ERZ2.

Sure, I agree it's one of the most awesome levels ever, what with the obvious amount of effort put into it, but there are two parts that have scarred my appreciation for the level (although this is due mostly to lack of skill).

The first part is on the path where you are ejected into space and must make your way to a gravity flip device so you can then reach an air patch. The initial part is what really throws me off... time better spent sprinting for safety is wasted while you wait for your character to actually touch the ground so you can get going. I've died so many times on that part, especially with my tendency to flub the gravity flip and fly off into space; the worst part is dying right next to the air patch. It's like being set on fire in TF2 and dying in front of the supply locker.

The second part is the long slide. Mostly because it seems to speed up when you try to jump and you lose a lot of side-to-side control in the air.

Aside from those two parts though, the rest of the level is awesome. (except for the Detons. I HATE Detons.)

As for a favorite level? Spring Hill Zone. Mostly because I'm a NiGHTS fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back