• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

UPDATED* scr_cannoncore [beta_Rouge] (no 56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe you shouldn't be looking in the editing section. Go look in the fully-done releases section.

I'm back, the Eggman part is almost finished, only a few FOF and timed linedefs left. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow, and the beta in a few days.

Stop saying the level is to small, it's not finished, and the Tails/Eggman parts are the boring ones, wait until I release the Rouge, Knux and Sonic ones if you want something playable.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Some of the normally-good areas turned into cheap death traps when translating it to SRB2.

Please, be more concrete and I'll try to fix that.

Morph said:
MITH said:
There is no need to make separate stages for the switch characters thing, I think it can be done with linedefs and stuff, also, in netplay, I don't want to wait 15s for every minute of gameplay.
Erm... just skip score screen?
SRB2 WIKI: Linedef Type 71 said:
Tag this to an Exit Sector (Sector Type 982) to exit to a custom level if it's not Race mode, overriding the one set in the map header. The map number you go to is indicated by the front sector's floor. Additionally, if the control linedef's bitset is set with the "No Climb" flag (value 64), the game will skip the score tally screen when switching to the new map.

Mmm... I can make 3 separate levels [Tails/Eggman] [Rouge/Knux] and [Sonic] but I don't know how to control the hidden chao route.

What do you think? 3 separate stages with the force skin and the chao route always active or 1 big level without controlling that?

PS: Thanks for the replies.

You may have to use force skin if you put it all into 1 level. It might actually be easier to make it into 1 level, it would take up less space and be less for us to add at once.

I am totally against any ideas of changing the propotion of the stage. It 's better when the stage is actually the correct proportion.

I find this stage not cramped at all actually. It's the perfect size for an indoor stage IMO

New Screenshots at first post, I'll add some more later, also the Eggman part is almost complete, sorry for the late, I'be been busy, this weekend I'll finish it.

PS: also BUMP

I'll Begin said:
I am totally against any ideas of changing the propotion of the stage. It 's better when the stage is actually the correct proportion.

I find this stage not cramped at all actually. It's the perfect size for an indoor stage IMO

Though the stage has potential to be really awesome, and is somewhat fun, it was just ported really badly as of now. Yes. Glaber Syndrome. :P

The platforms just come out of nowhere in SRB2. The thing is, is that in SA2, you could see it and quickly catch yourself with the A Button. If you just fall off without jumping, you can't do anything. Leaps of faith don't work in SRB2.

Putting it wider wouldn't be a bad idea. You could add secrets to this stage! This stage has no secrets AFAIK.

I'll Begin said:

Though the stage has potential to be really awesome, and is somewhat fun, it was just ported really badly as of now. Yes. Glaber Syndrome. :P

The platforms just come out of nowhere in SRB2. The thing is, is that in SA2, you could see it and quickly catch yourself with the A Button. If you just fall off without jumping, you can't do anything. Leaps of faith don't work in SRB2.

Ok, now I get what you're talking about, you mean the pit at the 2nd screenshot, right?, dont worry, that will be fixed with custom camera angles or something like that, I did something similar in the old version, I just forget to add it this time.

MITH said:
I'll Begin said:

Ok, now I get what you're talking about, you mean the pit at the 2nd screenshot, right?, dont worry, that will be fixed with custom camera angles or something like that, I did something similar in the old version, I just forget to add it this time.

Make the platform be farther forward instead. Then one can see it. Actually, you couldn't see it initially in the original SA2 sometimes! But the Cyclone's Booster Pack prevented you from an unfair death, regardless of whether you jumped off or walked off. In SRB2, you HAVE to jump off, which is not fair.

New download links at the first post, with Eggman part and some fixes on the Tails one.

Hope you enjoy.

Hey, guys, I'm not dead, and I (almost) finished all my exams, so I'm going to continue this project...

I'm going to upload an image every few days, stay tuned to see my progress on the Rouge section.

Super bump much? I totaly forgot about this, I thought you left or something.

Ash said:
Seems too empty.

MITH said:
Work in Progress.

I'm going to reupload this image every few days, stay tuned to see my progress on the Rouge section.

Chrome the hedgehog said:
I totaly forgot about this, I thought you left or something.

Totally sorry about that, been busy and lost some interest in this, but now I found some time and I want to finish this ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back