• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

UPDATED* scr_cannoncore [beta_Rouge] (no 56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll Begin said:
Cannon's Core's got liquid in it, not sand. You can't swim in sand, and didn't you hear Eggman say "Drain the liquid out of the core"?
Although you can see how the orange-ish water could be mistaken with sand.

Yes. The SA2 water is like water but it looks like it has rock sediments in it, giving it an orangey color.

Water or not, the waterfalls looks like the sand ones in SRB2 Riders...

Day 11 update:

rougecc7kj7.jpg

The basic structure of the level is finished (or almost finished) so... no more screenshots, I need to work on some linedefs, like the timed ones, add the things(rings, springs...), the enemies... and that's all, so expect the next release soon.

I made some progress on the level, I figured how to solve some problems, the Rouge part is ~80% done. only a few linedefs left and the rings, so expect the release of the next beta tomorrow or maybe in 2 days.

Random screenshots:

rougecc8cf9.jpg

Now all we need is a rouge wad (Im not requesting) But what happened to that sa2 Rouge wad I think dark warrior was working on?

Morph said:
Switching characters by linedeff-execs is not possible, I think. Maaaaaybe with "Linedef Type 113: Run Script" and the "SKIN (Charname)" console command inside it BUT that should be disabled in singleplayer so even that probably wouldn't work...

Then do this (using sonic as an example) "Splitscreen on; skin Sonic; Splitscreen off"

Forcechar in the level header. ForceChar = 0 means Sonic, ForceChar = 1 means Tails, ForceChar = 2 means Knux, ForceChar = 255 means it won't force your character.

Did I get my numbers right? I was trying to do it from memory.

I'm not going to use the forcechar stuff, the fact is that you can play this map in coop, so I'm tryng to make it playable and enjoyable for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles players w/o need of switch between them everytime.

*LAST BETA RELEASED*

Look at the first post for download link.

PLEASE comment if you see any errors or something, or rate it.

light dasher said:
Now all we need is a rouge wad (Im not requesting) But what happened to that sa2 Rouge wad I think dark warrior was working on?
He's still working on it. He's not spending a lot of time on it, but it'll be done eventually.

Any sugestions, feedback, coments, ANYTHING?

People keeps downloading it, but seems like noone actually played it...

PS: The Knux part is the hardest one, some Floors over Floors over lasers over rising water over floors are kinda anoying, so be patient... also I want to make some new (absolutely not copied from other games) WADs first.

OFFTOPIC: Someone knows if there's a way to make the character turn in 2D mode?

And go between 3D and 2D modes? (yes, like in the preview of 1.1)

For one thing:
-A bit cramped, looks like the level, but...
-That platforms where that first switch at Rouges part is a bit hard to land on; make it bigger.
-There is not much objects or enemies that make this level similar to the level. Add SOCs to this wad.
-"Mystic" misspelled. :V
- The level has 3 (four including the slide) versions of cannons core's music; use scripts one you get to the other rooms.
-That large pit near the Mystic Temple gets frustrating; fall into the acid as Sonic and you are basically doomed. Give Sonic a way to get up.
- Lack of detail. Add boxes and water tubes as detail.

+It's Cannon's Core. Yay.
+You have some sense of this level.
+You did the "enemies are protecting the door" like in the game, nice.

Overall:3/10

The Dark Fox said:
-"Mystic" misspelled. :V
OMG! IT'S TRUE!! *shot* (going to be fixed at the next release)

The Dark Fox said:
- The level has 3 (four including the slide) versions of cannons core's music; use scripts one you get to the other rooms.
I don't really get what you're saying, in coop whenever a person enters the Rouge part the music changes only for him and the other people stays with Scramble For The Core until they enter too.

The Dark Fox said:
-That large pit near the Mystic Temple gets frustrating; fall into the acid as Sonic and you are basically doomed. Give Sonic a way to get up.
I know that, I was going to fix that, but I forget at the very last moment, it's going to be fixed too.

The Dark Fox said:
-There is not much objects or enemies that make this level similar to the level. Add SOCs to this wad.
Maybe when I learn a little about how to SOC, but it's not going to happen until I release the near complete version of this Wad.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back