• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

UPDATED* scr_cannoncore [beta_Rouge] (no 56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MITH

*CANNONCORE BETA_ROUGE IS NOW UP (a.k.a. Rougecore)*

A few days ago I said I'm going to remake it, here it is (Tails, Eggman and Rouge parts only), with lots of new stuff...

Featuring the good ol':

-Thok barrier
-Lasers
-Slime
-FOFs
-Custom gravity sectors

And now with:

-Bigger and more detailed rooms
-Better looking doors
-Custom music
-Scripts
-Currents
-Music changes!
-Timed linedefs!!
-MOAR Timed linedefs!!!

Total progress: {||||||||||50%........}
1306 Sectors, 5354 linedefs, over 350 Tag Sectors

*Old download links deleted*

Rouge Download link:

SRB2FFH: Download

SCREENSHOTS:

OLD vs NEW

TAILS
cc1vg1.jpg

cc2cj3.jpg

cc3lx1.jpg

cc4ro1.jpg

EGGMAN
cc5kz0.jpg

cc6fv1.jpg

cc7dd0.jpg

(There should be lasers at the 3 and 4 image, but they don't show up when I take screenshots, sry)

Screenshots taken in OpenGL mode.

*NEW*
*Rouge section is now up, screenshots coming soon.

Have fun.

Also have a look at the unfinished old version here

Wow neat intro (sidenote: looks way different in software mode). And cool level, I liked it, through I think I reached the exit too fast (and yes, I wasted time in trying to get all the rings and such). Is it finished? I hope it isn't, because then it would mean a larger level :D

Of course is not finished, if you look at the original SA2 version you can see this map is going to be 4 or 5 times bigger (this is just a beta version)

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OMG OMG OMG! THIS IS HECTIC.

I love it!

It's the perfect SRB2-isation of Cannon's Core, making it not only a good remake of Cannon's Core but a good level on its own too.

I just feel bad that I can't say anything critical about it at the moment.

some things that could be done to make the level better altogether

1:when it is finished, I would suggest putting the parts in seperate stages, but all in one wad, as to reduce size lag and effectively switch characters for different parts

2:I also suggest that when lightdasher is done with cyclone tails ask permission to bundel him in a zip with it, same with if someone makes a eggwalker eggman and rouge wads

and, lightdapsher, I suggest useing ringslinger and make him shoot missiles or bullets, becaus he could shoot in sa2, and use no jump spin and fing a way to make him decend slowly like in sa2,same if someone made a eggwalker eggman, and if someone made rouge, I would suggest the same stats as knuckles, just different sprites,or only slight edits to knuckles' stats, because in sa2 they both shared the same gameplay

Dude, shooting Rings and depleting your energy and firing lock-on missles that home in on enemies are alot different.

shayne said:
1:when it is finished, I would suggest putting the parts in seperate stages, but all in one wad, as to reduce size lag and effectively switch characters for different parts

There is no need to make separate stages for the switch characters thing, I think it can be done with linedefs and stuff, also, in netplay, I don't want to wait 15s for every minute of gameplay.

Third, I want to add the lost chao route and the triggers are in Eggman, Rouge and Knux route, I can't control that in separate stages, sorry.

shayne said:
Dude, shooting Rings and depleting your energy and firing lock-on missles that home in on enemies are alot different.

I don't know if that's really possible in SRB2, maybe with SOCing, but I dont know how to SOC, even adding music is hard for me, look for someone else.

Thanks for the comments, keep posting.

PS: If someone can make Rouge, Eggwalker Eggman and Cyclone Tails go for it (if U want), that should be a great thing to add. Thanks in advice.

Sorry about double-post, but if I edit the last post again nobody will notice.

I just wanted to say that I'm without internet for a week, I hope Eggman part will be almost complete then, so I can upload some screenshots.

Don't let the topic die, I want to see a lot of criticism, ideas and stuff in general when I come back.

MITH said:
There is no need to make separate stages for the switch characters thing, I think it can be done with linedefs and stuff, also, in netplay, I don't want to wait 15s for every minute of gameplay.
Erm... just skip score screen?
SRB2 WIKI: Linedef Type 71 said:
Tag this to an Exit Sector (Sector Type 982) to exit to a custom level if it's not Race mode, overriding the one set in the map header. The map number you go to is indicated by the front sector's floor. Additionally, if the control linedef's bitset is set with the "No Climb" flag (value 64), the game will skip the score tally screen when switching to the new map.

Switching characters by linedeff-execs is not possible, I think. Maaaaaybe with "Linedef Type 113: Run Script" and the "SKIN (Charname)" console command inside it BUT that should be disabled in singleplayer so even that probably wouldn't work...

EDIT
I just read:

MITH said:
Features:

-Thok barrier
I wouldn't call a thok barrier a feature... It's an absolute minimum of what you could expect from a decent map. Using no thok barrier just shows that the map-maker obviously does not know how to create levels that prevent you from leaving themselves, levels with skies or levels without the infamous grafical viewfield glitches.

Cannon's Core, 3/10

Holy crap, this is FAR different from the real Cannon's Core. The falling at the beginning looks so dumb in Software Mode.

The stage was proportionate to the real Cannon's Core, but that was BAD. Tails can move a lot faster on his feet than he can in the Cyclone. Some of the normally-good areas turned into cheap death traps when translating it to SRB2. You did use the timed linedef executors for what was the time-stop switch, and that was good.

Remake this again. You can make the design similar. But please adjust the proportions and such so that it plays properly in SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back