Super Mario Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, my copy finally began its very long journey to my house, now to play Red Dead Redemption while I wait ever so patiently.

SSNTails said:
Almost a carbon copy of the game that I have been working on lately. So much for newness.

I'm quite interested in this also.

Last edited:
I'd be really interested to see how your project would compare to this.

If it's a spoiler, hide it.
I was talking about SSNTails post, I can't hide it.

It shows a boss. So I was warning people to just watch around a minute to not see spoilers.

I still need to get this game, the only thing I saw was the Bowser battle.
The only thing that I would spoil for myself was the last battle but just wow, he looks WAY easier than he was in the first game.

I got it the day before release, and made sure it was legit. But I haven't played it until today, simply because I wanted to finish getting all of Luigi's stars. The Grand Finale was cool, but not fun.

I already miss Princess Rosalina as the one in charge of the Lumas. And the game got way more cuter, compared to the first one. Sounds, voices, and music. The only cute that I don't mind is Yoshi's fluttering.

Yoshi is also so fun to play, that I really wish there was a cheat that spawned a Yoshi instantly, just so that I get to play with him whenever possible. I also keep trying to do that "Infinite Flutter" glitch whenever possible, but not to actually reach a high ledge.

Unintentional exploits with Yoshi again? Awesome. I had so much fun dicking around in SM64DS causing all those weird glitches with Yoshi. Granted, this is more of a cheat, but still!

Guess I better pick up a copy before they fix the glitch and start manufacturing version 1.1 of the game disc.

This game looks really great. I've been saving up some money for Halo: Reach, but that comes out all the way in September... >_>
I've been thinking of just going and buying this game instead.

For those who have played it: should I?
1. I don't have Mario Galaxy 1, and when I did play it I felt it was kinda lame
2. I wouldn't have any money left after this is bought.

whatshouldido

Well, it's plenty better than Galaxy 1, that much I can say right off the bat. I don't know what to recommend other than that though, depends on why you didn't like it, I guess.

I don't play / never got into Halo and haven't really heard anything about Reach, so that's as far as I can really go.

I don't think he means that the game was bad. I'm thinking Ice thinks the general idea is lame.

Expect tons more of SMG 1 with improvements. Just get Reach, you'll like it better.

Oh man, I just got that game literally a few minutes ago. Mom handed it to me, from the stack of mail.

Just got the game today at about 3:30PM when I got hom from school.

I have to say this is alot better than Super Mario Galaxy, lots of improvements... those that have played the first one might have no issue with the 2nd one.

They need to hide the Comet Medals better, pretty much I found them on the first visit to the Galaxy without knowing they were going to be there.

In Boulder Bowl's Galaxy, the Comet Medal is right in front of you from where you start, just rev up Rock Mario and slam into that giant purple gem and congrats, you found it. Honestly, I was expecting it to be the Main Route due to Sling Stars, but nope.

In one of the levels, when they preview the Star's location, they also show the Comet Medal in there sometimes, tackle World 1's Boss and you'll see it.

Aren't Comet Medals suppose to be hidden? I don't think previewing it is making it hidden.

Last edited:
They need to hide the Comet Medals better, pretty much I found them on the first visit to the Galaxy without knowing they were going to be there.

In Boulder Bowl's Galaxy, the Comet Medal is right in front of you from where you start, just rev up Rock Mario and slam into that giant purple gem and congrats, you found it. Honestly, I was expecting it to be the Main Route due to Sling Stars, but nope.

In one of the levels, when they preview the Star's location, they also show the Comet Medal in there sometimes, tackle World 1's Boss and you'll see it.

Aren't Comet Medals suppose to be hidden? I don't think previewing it is making it hidden.

Don't worry, the green stars will give you a much better time when it comes to scavenging.

Well, I got 100% completion a few hours ago, and I can say that SMG2 was completely awesome. The last few stars are actually challenging, and I had a complete blast through almost all of the game.

Yeah, I liked it. It's very challenging, though. Clearly designed as a hardcore challenge for those players insane enough to actually collect all the stars.

Don't worry, the green stars will give you a much better time when it comes to scavenging.

Great... I'll have to look into that... >_> I suppose I should pack in a few extra lives just in case...

For those that are taking on Flip Switch Galaxy's Prankster Comet, don't over rush it, keyword here as you are given enough time to let in a few safe spots here and there, but not too many. It cost me a life due to a Chain chomp ball hitting me and knocking over the edge to my doom with about 59/100 Purple Coins collected... >_>

Took me about 2 tries on this, I was kinda expecting it to be hard, honestly I was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back