Super Mario Galaxy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My decision not to preorder is probably going to bite me in the balls, but I'm hoping I can get a copy of this tomorrow. Once again, looking forward to this.

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about piracy. Or is that to advocate it? Whatever.

I'm not going to link to the source, but I don't see what's wrong with talking about it.

Bigboi said:
Anyway, the game's a blast so far. Every time I get a star, I end up thinking to myself "Wow, that was fun.

I'm feeling the same way. Especially on those levels that really do test your medal. The prankster comet on Flip Switch Galaxy cost me, like, fourty lives, but when I finally did it, I felt so accomplished.

Loving the difficulty adjustments. The game seems to know when to push you to the limit, and then when to take it back a few notches. It's the perfect difficulty curve, one that will make you feel like you're mastering the game while still being challenged by it.

Anyways, if you didn't preorder this. I'm betting you are getting screwed. BW.

Eh, SSBB was a pretty popular game, so I pre-ordered it. When it came out, I went to my local Wal-Mart and there were still plenty of copies of it left, and I got my copy a week later. Of course this could be different.

I pre-ordered the game myself. Looking forward to playing it tomarrow. :D

And for people who wont be getting it at the day of release, I'll post my opinon about it tomarrow once I have played a good amount of it.

Nintendo actually seems to be working hard to make us shit ourselves in glee. I wonder what we do get with 120 stars though.

Actually, the game has over 240 stars. That is according to Game Informer's review.

Last edited:
I preordered the game from Amazon. I got the cheap shipping so I might be playing the game a week late... but I got twenty dollars off a future video game purchase for it, so it's worth it. Debating whether to buy MH:Tri (classic controller bundle is apparently out of stock, and I've heard its not worth playing with the wiimote), or just to preorder S&P or M-OM.

Also, I went through the backstory of SMG1 along with finally getting all 242 stars. Rosalina's gone and she's not coming back for a hundred years... which means she probably won't show up in this game. Although I really like her character.

Instead, the luma left behind at the end of SMG1 is the basis for the story here I believe... "cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way" and all that.
She said they were searching for a place for the lumas to be reborn. I daresay that search ended with Mario's search for his "special one", so I am curious as to what she's up to now. Maybe she's taking care of the baby lumas.

Especially on those levels that really do test your medal. The prankster comet on Flip Switch Galaxy cost me, like, fourty lives, but when I finally did it, I felt so accomplished.

Flip Switch? Is that the one where if you spin, the panels swap? If so, that was much easier than you lead on. Same goes for the slide in the Tree Trunk Galaxy. It's definitely the hardest slide in the 3D Marios, but it's also the most fun.

Debating whether to buy MH:Tri (classic controller bundle is apparently out of stock, and I've heard its not worth playing with the wiimote)

Although reviews say it's not worth playing with a wiimote, it's all I have, and I find fairly easy to play with that control scheme. It might differ with other weapon types, however. I highly suggest you buy this game, just know that it's not meant to be easy.

One more addition to the MH:Tri..

The Classic Controller was only 5 dollars more at gamestop. So you are saving a lot more money. Why not try gamestop instead of amazon?

Well, after a day of playing, I'm 101 stars in and having a complete blast. SMG2 is awesome as hell. I found it hilarious that the game started to hint to me that I should get off and go to bed after playing for around 12 hours.

The earliest I can get this game is May 26, and the latest is June 1st. God dammit, I'm never pre-ordering from ToysRUs ever again.

In other news, this game looks awesome.

Luckily for me, Best Buy was shelved with at least five copies of SMG2, so I bought it yesterday. Just started World 3, will resume later. Loving the soundtrack so far.

After around that long, the fat luma started to suggest taking a break, and then mentioned that he was tired =P

Mario have world's or planet to jump on am I right, its simple, mario or luigi, But I dont think luigi will be playable.

Super Mario is the best game from mario galaxy 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back