Stuff to put in SRB2ME (Part 3: The Last Crusade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Snipe mentioned multimedia key support, add support for multi-function mice as well. I have a four way scroll wheel and a back button and I can't use them. Makes me mad.

Kaysakado said:
You know how you've said you aren't implementing the feature to see other player's names because the Doom Engine doesn't allow you to know whether you're pointing at someone through a wall or not? Just make each player fire an invisible rail ring all the time, and if it hits, show the name.

The problem with that is that someone could be hiding behind an opaque, intangible FOF. But if it was made a teammate-only feature, seeing them behind cover would be no problem at all.

Kopper said:
Kaysakado said:
You know how you've said you aren't implementing the feature to see other player's names because the Doom Engine doesn't allow you to know whether you're pointing at someone through a wall or not? Just make each player fire an invisible rail ring all the time, and if it hits, show the name.

The problem with that is that someone could be hiding behind an opaque, intangible FOF. But if it was made a teammate-only feature, seeing them behind cover would be no problem at all.
If it really matters, have the rail ring collide with opaque things even if they're intangible, and not collide with tangible things if they're not opaque.

just wondering

In the special stages, can you make it so you can get more rings than the target ring score? eg. 226/200

Oh, and if you do get a bunch of rings you get a continue.

More unlockable stages like levels that each character has an advantage? You know like, for example, a level for Knuckles that either Sonic or Tails can't complete?

Support for several different master/list servers at once. You'd be able to change what master/list server is being checked the same way you change checking the internet or LAN.

Fix the resolution support. (320x200 multiples suck in my case)

I want to use 1360x768 damn it.

A new SOC idea.

A_Circle [speed] [null]
Like A_Chase, but doesn't head towards the player. Rather, it makes in a circle around the player. For Ground enemies only. The VAR1 is seperate because I imagine the coding would be quite different and draw on different parameters.

Both of those things could be done.

Toaster said:
A_Circle [speed] [null]
Like A_Chase, but doesn't head towards the player. Rather, it makes in a circle around the player. For Ground enemies only. The VAR1 is seperate because I imagine the coding would be quite different and draw on different parameters.
Sounds like you're going to need something A_RotateSpikeBalling around a player, having a object target (A_FindTarget) that and chase (A_Chase, A_FaceTarget->A_MoveObjectRelative/Absolute)after it.

Toaster said:
A_HurtAllInv [on/off] [null]
When you touch an enemy that has this variable turned on, it hurts you even when you try to jump on it or spindash it. It is also impervious to attacks. A variable, Hurt All Invincible (or something, i'm not good at names) would accompany the above Action.
MF_MISSILE is what you're looking for in SOC flags.

I still stick to my A_Circle (Because A_Spikeball goes in the air) but I will remove the A_HurtAllInv. I'm an idiot.

Smog/Heat block.

It'll give the underwater wavey effect for use above water. There could also be a lindef version that can be used to ajust the speed of the wave.

End signs should change color in netgames.

Re

Mabye a couple of levels that only some players can do like this.

GFZ1
GFZ2
Only knux tails:GFZ3
GFZ Boss

Like that?

Mabye different bosses sometimes! Like Knux has a boss that has only walls with no platforms.

A boss that has dissadvantges against chars?

- Amy and/or Silver would be nice, of course, it's probably impossible to make Silver in this game, and there are already a lot of Amy wads, so that might not be necessary.
- a sunny beach level and a speed highway-like level in the game.
- If it is possible, Speed booster pads and those air dash rings that Tails could go through in the other Sonic games.

When a player join a match server, he could start as a spectator, then he could change the skin and the color without being shoot

SOC actions for 1.09's A_RingExplode, and SRB2 Demo 4's Deton Chase.

The former is an extremely useful SOC action which appeared to be replaced in the match beta, and is required for such things as the Spark Mortar.

The latter is a deton chase action in which instead of maintaining a constant velocity towards the player, the deton maintained a constant acceleration towards the player; its momentum continues to exist, and allows the player to dodge the deton. Though this was ditched for the current A_DetonChase because it was too easy to dodge, it could be brought back as a separate action to be leveraged for such things as homing missiles.

Much like the function of "nosupermusic" in map headers, having additional parameters for removing speed-shoe music and invincibility music would be nice. If speed-shoes now make the music speed up instead of change, having a parameter to turn that off too would work equally well.

And if the 1up monitor hasn't changed how the music is played, a parameter regarding the 1up music would be awesome. Not that I expect it to remain unchanged, but...

Well, instead of a feature request since ME is on feature freeze, how about fix to the angle math? It doesn't work correctly on some systems(operating systems) I've tried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back