Stuff to put in SRB2ME (Part 3: The Last Crusade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrispy said:
Make the ultimate cheat give you an error message stating your computer suxorz and it can't handle it.
How about we make the Ultimate Cheat actually do something, eh?

No, have it give Knuckles a hat. The hat makes Knuckles incapable of gliding, climbing, or spindashing. Sonic gets his Labyrinth Shoes, and Tails dies on contact with liquids.

Jurai_Madman said:
No, have it give Knuckles a hat. The hat makes Knuckles incapable of gliding, climbing, or spindashing. Sonic gets his Labyrinth Shoes, and Tails dies on contact with liquids.
You may be onto something there, Jurai. I never thought of that. It could be a cool challenge for experienced players!

A new weather effect, Sandstorm. This would be pretty cool for those sand-themed levels. It could probably make a noise like rain, too.

1) Linedef Type 255 - Scroll Texture by Offsets, X AND Y-axis

This linedef only scrolls textures in X-axis if used in FOFs. It could work in Y-axis too if a level designer wants to scroll textures vertically.

http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=17489

2) New console command: SHOWGAMEDATA

This command lists all data of the current game in console. This would be useful when you host a dedicated server and you want to know how is running the game. Also useful to report servers (if needed), and to record data in log file for any further use.

Code:
>SHOWGAMEDATA
Map80 - Silver Cascade Zone
Gametype 4
Time: 7:16
Node PlayerName Color Points Tagger/Carring_Flag
1    Ezer'Arch  Red   1500   Y
2    Someone    Blue  1600   N
3    Player     Red   1250   N

3) Dust effect for Sand FOFs

Like when you run in shallow water and a splash effect happens, a dust effect could happen if you run in a shallow sand FOF.

4) Blind player view if getting into an opaque intangible FOF or quicksand FOF.

Today if you get into an opaque intangible FOF, you'll see an empty space, the FOF interior is transparent and you can see its wall textures.

To make more sence, the player could get blind and/or he starts to see the same wall texture used in the FOF in his view.

Advanced looppoint-ing.
The song would start from the beginning of the music lump until it ran into the LOOPEND point, then it'd start again from the LOOPSTART point, then it'd keep playing until it hits LOOPEND and it would start again from LOOPSTART, Etc. If LOOPSTART isn't defined, it will start from the beginning of the lump.

darkness claw said:
The ability to make moving FOFs follow a path would be nice.
I believe it's been mentioned that the next SRB2 will have polyobjects, FOFs that can move horizontally.

He's an idea to make race mode better.

HANDICAP <playername> <Number>
The higher the number, the slower. Defaults to 0, other than the Host, who starts with 2. This why, while the others have C-Lag, the host is slower. This would also efect actionspeed, so thokking would be slower. Negitive numbers INCREESES top speed. The host cannot have negitive numbers, as it would be unfair.

As of right now, speed shoes are worthless to everybody except Tails and Knuckles, and nobody in their right mind does a speedrun with Tails or Knuckles. (Well, in most situations)

Therefore, I suggest the following to make them more helpful to speedrunners.

-While it currently just increases the top speed of the player, I say it should increase the top speed done by running - meaning that you will retain speed if you achieve higher than your top speed through means such as a speed pad.
-Actionspeed is increased for all abilities.
-Using your ability will add to your momentum, not reset it. (i.e., if thok speed was x and your speed in the air was y, then when you thok, you will go at x+y speed, not x)
-You no longer need to charge spindashes - you will automatically start at max speed. In addition, max speed is increased.

In layman's terms: abilities are faster, you will not slow down unless you actually want/try to slow down (or hit a wall), abilities add to speed, not reset it, and you don't need to charge spindashes.

Much like the sector type in-game that basically turns the player super if the 7 chaos emeralds are in possesion; A sector type that stops the player currently being super.

Think of the SRB2JTE end-sector handling of de-superizing (?) the player, not handled with JUST the end sector.

Might prove useful in maps that stop people from turning super everywhich way you turn. Or Superfags I'd call them.

When I'm playing a stage, I get an extra life, the life music plays and the level's music starts over, instead of that, the music could resume with a fade in after catch an life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back